New High End / Boutique Digital Amp (tone master rival?)

Discussion in 'Modeling Amps, Plugins and Apps' started by KnopflerStyle, Oct 10, 2019 at 7:31 AM.

1. KnopflerStyle

KnopflerStyle Tele-Afflicted

Guys, this guys invented the valve switch with the TVP series.

I hope this models works, because they look cool

With the Tone Master series,both could be the start of a new era. High end Digi amp at middle prices.

Where is the VOX response?

2. mkdaws32

mkdaws32 Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

And Marshall. I want a Plexi or JCM 800 equivalent of the tone master. Not sold on the CODE amps.

Bristlehound likes this.
  3. warrent

warrent Friend of Leo's

Interesting seems to compete more with the katana or mustang gt models rather than the tonemaster. Odd that even on the top model there is no fx loop.

4. horax

horax Tele-Holic

5. KnopflerStyle

God, to me... cheap thing with color lights? nothing to compare a Tone Master / Silverline

6. KnopflerStyle

7. horax

horax Tele-Holic

You ever played one?
    I honestly haven't, but their valvetronix line is amazing, and this is above that.

8. KnopflerStyle

played valvetronix many years.... nothing special.

9. ASATKat

ASATKat Tele-Afflicted

Same guys, probably did these two videos back to back.

Katana's outstanding tone,

10. L.A. Mike

L.A. Mike Tele-Afflicted

I lost all interest in the video reviews Andertons is doing after he pimped Vertex and Mason and basically said if things sold he would carry them, period. Someone's past didn't matter to him.

So, what I see is a merchant who probably gets a good markup on these amps and will say what ever it takes to sell them. See: car salesman.

I know Blackstar was started by some ex-Marshall guys. The amps are now made in China which usually means if they quit working, most likely you'll be buying another amp. I don't know of any amp techs who will work on Chinese amps.

If people are hot to buy a digital amp, there are lots to choose from. Go for it. Just don't try to convince people like me who like traditional tube amps. I don't need to switch. I'm good.

11. TwangerWannabe

TwangerWannabe Tele-Meister

I’ve always owned tube amps from Fender Champs and Vibro Champs up to Twin Reverbs and almost everything in between in the Fender line, some Music Man amps and a 50 watt JCM800 half stack. Tubes are still awesome, but I don’t play out anymore and have limited space and don’t own those amps anymore. Have just had a THR10 for the last few years and in the market again for a nice amp and will probably get a TM Deluxe. I’m not a tube snob, prefer the lighter weight and portability, attenuator, XLR out and can use it with my pedals. Tastes change as you get older and practicality is also an attraction.

Just curious if your so anti-digital amp why you’re in the digital amp section of the forum?

12. L.A. Mike

L.A. Mike Tele-Afflicted

I've used them in my friend's studio. He looks to me for advice sometimes if he feels he needs something new. The Kemper he bought a year ago was interesting, but still sounded "digital" to me. I didn't like all the programming and the vast selection of amps and pedals and speaker boxes. I'm computer literate, but don't want to spend that much time fooling around with a computer. Which is what they are. I thought it was ok for a studio, but I'd never take one on the road or to a gig without a backup amp.
    If the THR10 works for you, that's great. My comment was aimed at the fanatics who feel they must convert us barbarians to their way of thinking. And I now think anything Andertons is plugging is suspect and very possibly hype.

TwangerWannabe likes this.
  13. ASATKat

ASATKat Tele-Afflicted

You really are,,,,, quite,,,,, emotional,, aren't you?

14. TwangerWannabe

Good points. It’s ridiculous with a lot of these tube/digital amp threads. People seem to have the overwhelming need to try to convince and convert everyone who thinks differently than they do that their way is the only way for some reason instead of just accepting that it’s fine if someone doesn’t think the same way you do. I just like to share why I decided to go with a particular amp based on my needs and the amps features instead of telling others that they’re wrong.

15. L.A. Mike

L.A. Mike Tele-Afflicted

Are you trying to insult me or cause me to get defensive?
    I thought my response to TwangerWannabe was civil and neutral. He seemed to think so.
    Maybe you should ignore me. Do you know how to do that?

16. ASATKat

ASATKat Tele-Afflicted

It was a line from a movie that had nothing to do with amps. No offense intended.

17. ASATKat

ASATKat Tele-Afflicted

Why did the Kemper not work for you. I owned one for a year and loved it. It was the first digital gear I enjoyed as much as a tube amp. In fact I enjoyed it more as far as goofing around goes. There was a deep 3d underbelly to the tone, I would fully mute the strings with one hand and whack the strings with my other hand and I would hear this deep rich 3d thump. The thump test is now a regular test for me, my Katana passes the test.

18. archtop_fjk

archtop_fjk Tele-Holic

It’s funny but for the past 20 years I’ve used only SS amps. Started with the 90s Blues Cube BC60 - great amp! But I foolishly traded it in on a Fender Cyber Deluxe. The CD was ok but way too busy and complicated. So I then moved on to Tech 21 TM60. Nice amp but the controls were a bit fiddly and I found it a bit noisy overall for a non-tube amp. So I sourced another 90s Blues Cube BC60 and even got a BC30 to match! Well I still have the BC60 and sold the 30. Then the new Blues Cubes debuted in 2014 and eventually got a Stage, loved it, and immediately moved up to the Artist, which I use today. Outstanding tone and light weight but simple controls and lots of versatility with the GAFC.

I have since tried the Katana (ok but tone was not as good as the Blues Cube) and the Nextone (again ok but surprisingly again not as good as the a Blues Cube). Maybe the new Katana or the Blackstar line will be superior, but frankly I’ve grown weary trying to find a SS amp which improves on my Blues Cube. As they say if it ain’t broke...

19. TwangerWannabe

I'm not really into the Katanas and Silverlines. I go for more of a "less is more" approach. Instead of having a bunch of different amp sounds and onboard effects I'd rather have one killer amp sound and use my own pedals. Same with these multi-effect units, amp simulators and modelers, speaker cam simulators, etc. Just too much to sift through and deal with, and I'd either spend more time scrolling and going through all the different sounds and not spend as much time playing, or I'd just find one sound I really like and stay with that.

That's pretty much what I did with my THR10. Always use one amp model and reverb. Never messed with the other amp sounds. Big reason why I'm more partial to the Fender Tone Masters. Some aren't happy with them and argue it's only one amp sound, why spend close to twice as much for a TM Deluxe or Twin when you can get a Katana or Silverline. I'd rather have one amp that does one thing amazingly well than an amp that does a lot of things denote, but really doesn't excel at any particular thing. Not knocking those amps at all, just saying what works for me, and I don't expect everyone else to share the same opinion.

20. ruger9

ruger9 Poster Extraordinaire

Tonemaster "rival"? the TMs are actually rivals of already-existing, fantastic, non-tube amps: The Roland Blues Cube Series. The Rolands aren't digital/modeling, they are transistor, but they are tube-less and have the all-important "attenuator" feature. I love my Blues Cube Artist. It's my gigging amp. I said from the first day the TMs came out, Roland cracked the code.. maybe Fender has as well. The floodgates will be opening now...

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.