New HB's for BT Tele

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by dak0ta, Jan 26, 2014.

1. dak0ta

dak0ta TDPRI Member

Hi,

I'm looking for some versatile humbuckers that will allow me to get a wide variety of tones.

I like to play Classic Rock (Zeppelin), Blues Rock, as well as modern styles including bands like Muse, Incubus, Coldplay.

I'd like to get a good classic humbucking rock sound, but also be able to crank it out to get a modern rock sound, while also having a good clean tone with slight distortion for the in between sound. Is this possible?

What do you guys recommend?

I've been contemplating a P90 HB-size in the neck, and a bridge HB. What do you guys think of this combo?

2. Tinribs

Tinribs Tele-Meister

Sounds like a job for the Bareknuckle Rebel Yell, nice sounding balanced pickup

3. yardleyboy

yardleyboy Tele-Meister

I had that combination in a Duesenberg and it was good. Mainly cos the pups were vintagey in sound and output

The Tonerider Rebel 90 is great as are all their pups. Nothing to do with price, they are just very good vintage style pups. I have them in one tele.

4. jamesgmac

jamesgmac TDPRI Member

take a look at the seymour duncan 59's. i think you can hear sound samples on their website. i put a partcaster together with a blacktop body and the 59's sound great. they sound great clean and even better with drive. i love them!

5. hogwylde

hogwylde TDPRI Member

I put a set of Lindy Fralin Paf's in my Blacktop Tele. Everyone tells me it sounds like a Les Paul now.

6. dak0ta

dak0ta TDPRI Member

Should I go with a Humbucker sized p90 set or a Humbucker Bridge and Humbucker sized p90 in the neck?

I'm really feeling the P90 tone, especially in the neck. How would the middle position HB/P90 sound?

For the neck I'm thinking either Lollar or BN Mississippi Queen and for the bridge a SD '59.

Any other recommendations?

I should upgrade the pots too, what should I upgrade to?

7. newtwanger

newtwanger Blackguardian. Ad Free + Supporter

Possible option: Tele bridge humbucker (Duncan "lil 59" or "Pearly Gates for Tele") with P90 in the neck.

[​IMG]

8. newtwanger

Possible option: Bridge humbucker with neck P94. (yes it's not a Tele, but really it is ;) )

[​IMG]

9. newtwanger

Possible option: Bridge TP90 with Neck P90. Very Balls. (also not a Tele, but really it is ;) )

[​IMG]

10. simonsp

simonsp Friend of Leo's

That's a nice looking guitar! :cool:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.