new Hahn Campilongo Tele

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by ruger9, Dec 28, 2017.

1. JoeBubbit

JoeBubbit TDPRI Member

Woops, I still...have not received my guitar. Bummed with that but, I'm getting a Kirn!!!

Greggorios and telemaster03 like this.
  2. telemaster03

telemaster03 Tele-Meister

That’s just nuts.

JoeBubbit likes this.
  3. El Tele Lobo

El Tele Lobo Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

I'd be asking for my money back to buy th Kirn. Or possibly a Lucky Dog Televangelist.

Greggorios and JoeBubbit like this.
  4. JoeBubbit

JoeBubbit TDPRI Member

I have requested a refund. He did send me a guitar in February, but it was not the 112 I ordered, it was a C for someone else. I paid $50 to send that back to him UPS. I asked him for that back too, of course. I am hoping I don't have to make repeated attempts to get my money back.
    He may be a nice guy, but he should abide by the old rule "treat others how you want to be treated". I hope you take that to heart, Chihoe. I'm sure he would not appreciate being treated the way he treats his customers. Making and selling quality guitars is a service. I am in the service industry, and if I did what Chihoe did, I'd be out of business.
    BTW: There was a seller on Reverb with a Hahn 2018, 228 tele, black tuxedo for around $2000. I would have bought it, but I thought I had a 112 coming.

Evan6613, Brucesu and El Tele Lobo like this.
  5. caspersvapors

caspersvapors Tele-Meister

How are people feeling about the pickups in the model C? I ended up lowering them quite a bit from stock to balance the output a bit more with my other guitars but I am finding they are very thick, midrangey, bassy sounding pickups. My previous tele was a bit more twangey and spanky, which I think I prefer in terms of sound, but the Model C is just so much lighter and plays and feels like a superior instrument. Thinking about playing a bit more with the height but wondering if any others experimented with them.

6. MrNoTalent

MrNoTalent TDPRI Member Silver Supporter

I have not experimented with anything...guess I think its perfect as is. You could always try different types of strings....pure stainless or some of the newer expensive ones that claim high output, brightness, etc. I think the C came with D'Addario 10's nickel wound steel....in fact, when I change I think I'll try pure nickel and see what that's like. When the C came out, some described it as "dark", but I don't find it that way....I have both a silver & black face Princeton, and it "twangs" like all get out thru both of them...in fact, I set the bass higher than the treble to get the tone I like on both amps. Some guy on Jim's forum asked how to adjust the neck pup and Chihoe replied you have to take the pickguard off, but "don't do it, its already set up". To each his own, though, so "adjust away" til it makes you happy.

guitrr and maggieo like this.
  7. guitrr

guitrr Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

A few months have passed since I received my Model C, I wanted to wait until any possible honeymoon phase ended.

The wait for my guitar was a bit exasperating, and in all honesty I will state right up front that the guitar was way, way overdue. However, unlike some who have posted to this thread, I never had any problem reaching Chihoe. He was apologetic, and I never felt like he was putting me at arm’s length, but yes, the wait was excessive.

Having said that, if I had a choice to do it all again I absolutely would. My Model C is clearly an highly exceptional instrument, and easily among the top Tele style guitars I’ve played.

It sounds brilliant, plays without effort, is lightweight, resonant, and highly versatile. Among a fairly large gear collection, it is now my #1 go-to guitar.

maggieo, MrNoTalent and matrix like this.
  8. blargfromspace

blargfromspace Tele-Afflicted

Deleted

Last edited: May 31, 2019
  9. bananafist

bananafist Tele-Meister

After getting into these guitars too late to order at the beginning, and failing to find a used one in the 18 months since, I couldn't believe it when a new one appeared at Music Street here in the UK. They only had the one C, so I jumped on it.
    I love the neck, the 43mm nut is great for my hands, and the neck feels and plays great. I have other compound fingerboard teles, and find this one with its medium jumbo frets ideal. I'm told (by the shop) the pickups are the in-house Banta built, but haven't checked. They sound full and clean and I love them. The pine body finish is not the most beautiful thing, but I have no problem with it, I feel the pine maybe sweetens the pickup sound a little, as opposed to swamp ash. Really pleased with the guitar, it arrived well set up with 9s as requested, and needed no tweaks at all. I see JC says there are some available in his site post, so maybe this is one of the recent batch? Thanks CH and JC.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
    maggieo likes this.
  10. moosie

moosie Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I just got Jim's newsletter in my email today, and in it he mentions Hahn has completed batch #2, total of 15 instruments. The first batch was 100, and they weren't built yet, so lots of waiting. These are apparently ready to go (and I see a Reverb listing).

These are the same price as before, $1495 + ship, but now include a fancy gig bag. Also, Hahn switched from Fralins to Lollars, feeling that these particular Lollars go better with pine.

guitrr, El Tele Lobo and bananafist like this.
  11. maggieo

maggieo Tele-Holic

I have to agree with Chihoe- my Kelly Bowery Pine Tele (see below) has Fralins in it, and they just don't quite work.

It's a shame the Rob Banta's aren't an option, they nail the "JCamp" timbre. That said, Lollars or SD Antiquities (in my Kelly snakehead) are great in pine Teles.

[​IMG]
    The Current State of My Rig, February 23, 2013
    by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr (Fralins)

[​IMG]
    Rick Kelly Bowery Pine Snakehead Tele, January 04, 2018
    by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr (Seymour Duncans)

[​IMG]
    Hahn Jim Campilongo Model C Bridge, May 12, 2018
    by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr (Rob's)

Greggorios, guitrr and bananafist like this.
  12. guitrr

guitrr Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Maggie, that Electrosonic is one of the coolest looking amps I’ve ever seen

Greggorios and maggieo like this.
  13. TeleTex82

TeleTex82 Friend of Leo's

Wowzers you have one hell of a collection!

maggieo likes this.
  14. maggieo

maggieo Tele-Holic

I recently traded it away on a Milkman amp. It really didn't play well with the rest of my gear.

guitrr likes this.
  15. gotatele

gotatele TDPRI Member

I bought a model C, or should i say my son bought me one of these wonderful guitars, I took delivery in January of 2018 and i have thoroughly enjoyed playing this guitar. Unfortunately the same son has run into some dire financial staits and I will be listing this guitar soon on reverb or EBay. I am asking $1600......... any serious inquiries please text me at 845 269 2122 or send an email to giantfan1952@yahoo.com................. Neil

16. El Tele Lobo

El Tele Lobo Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

I would list this in the Classifieds section under guitars for sale. You might get more visibility there. Sorry to hear about your son's financial straits. Hope things improve soon or that you find a solid buyer...whichever comes first.

17. maggieo

maggieo Tele-Holic

Hahn Campilongo - Model C - White Blonde

[​IMG]

I have no affiliation with Hahn, aside from loving my Model C.

guitrr and lupowitz like this.
  18. Sand Dancer

Sand Dancer TDPRI Member

I thought I would jump back on this thread almost a year after I bought the Model C. Like other people on the thread, the Fralin pickups did not do it for me - I swapped them out for some "Full Monty" pickups from Monty's Guitars - made a huge difference. The body of the guitar, which as you know is made of pine, is incredibly soft - you can put a ding on it by putting too firmly into a guitar holder. The nitro is so thin, it rubs through almost immediately and the paint is real thin as well. After a year of pretty careful use and only about 10 gigs, the guitar looks older than my 1962 Strat - so you have got to like guitars that look beat up. The neck is great and the guitar plays great - but Chihoe did not spend a lot of time on the body!!

guitrr and maggieo like this.
  19. lupowitz

lupowitz Tele-Afflicted

maggieo likes this.
  20. backdrifter

backdrifter TDPRI Member

If anyone has a Model C that they’d consider parting with, please PM me. Thank you, and I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy!

Ben

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.