new Hahn Campilongo Tele

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by ruger9, Dec 28, 2017.

1. telemaster03

telemaster03 Tele-Meister

Have any of you waiting for a Model C heard anything from Hahn Guitars yet? Facebook and Instagram posts from December 6th show 15 Model Cs with the text "Last of the Hahn Model Cs readying for departure! #hahnguitars" posted. Anyone received any communication, tracking numbers, anything?

2. MrNoTalent

MrNoTalent TDPRI Member Silver Supporter

Saw that same 12/6 post, but I have heard nothing. I mentioned earlier that he emailed me on 11/6 that mine was ready and he needed my address, but absolutely nothing since....that is really weird. I think that I will never get one, that I must have "fallen thru the cracks", but will wait til Jan before making any more attempts to contact him...I have confidence in my bank that they can get all my money back....I don't want to deal with that after all this hassle so far...still holding out some hope that I will get a C and it won't be a piece of #@%$. Could anyone else still waiting post if they have any info?

matrix likes this.
  3. matrix

matrix Tele-Meister

Good to hold out hope. I have my Model C, but I had a long wait...much longer than some folks who ordered after I did. He does ship them out one at a time, so there can be a gap between when you see the "batch ready to ship" and when you actually get an email with the UPS tracking number. Actually there can be a considerable gap between an email from him that says "I will ship yours tomorrow" and when it ships :lol:

That said, it certainly does not hurt to check with him.

I will re-iterate what has been said by many on this thread already. It is worth the wait, and any frustrations the communications may generate. The love affair I have with mine continues to grow. It is not like my previous #1 was a crap guitar (a USA-built PRS), but my Hanh is something else. It is so musical and sensitive to nuance in playing. I honestly think it is making me a better musician, even as it takes me time to "tame" it. It also has immense character - it is not quite like any other electric guitar I have tried. For want of a better description, you know it was may by someone, not something.

I have not played a comparable electric guitar, even at twice the price.

So take a deep breath, maybe fire off a friendly "checking-in" email to Chihoe, and know that it will come through.

guitrr, maggieo and telemaster03 like this.
  4. ianstrike

ianstrike TDPRI Member

I would write him sooner than later - people seem to do well at getting Chihoe to respond on the Hahn Instagram page.

telemaster03 likes this.
  5. telemaster03

6. MrNoTalent

telemaster, I saw something about this shop also and am wondering if the C's he had ready to ship on 12/6 went to this shop instead of customers who already paid 8 months ago...pretty rotten if this is the case....maybe he wants those still waiting to cancel. However, I will still wait and try to contact again next week after the "holidays" are over, but it doesn't sound promising after all your recent efforts have failed

Evan6613 likes this.
  7. MrNoTalent

Also, telemaster, I wonder if you and I are the only ones still waiting. One thing, though, if this shop is now selling them, he'll have to make more I would think,and I assume they will all be built to his high standards no matter who gets them....Jim C (virtuoso) or me (virtual hack)

8. milocj

milocj Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

I'm sorry, but this has gotten to the point of being ridiculous as far as a guitar (or any) manufacturer goes. It was already inexplicable that he had time to post on FB, Instagram, etc but couldn't be bothered with answering emails from customers who had already paid and were waiting on their guitar.

Months afterwards he's posting pictures of completed instruments that are ready to ship and yet he can't find the time to send them out while still finding time to drum up new customers with continued social media postings. Something is completely wrong with this whole business model.

I'm a actually a bit surprised that Mr C hasn't become a little miffed that this is happening with his name attached to these guitars. It's bad enough that Hahn can't make a more actuarate guess as to when he can complete an order (kind of seems like he's artificially creating an aura of high demand) and yet won't even pack up and ship completed orders. There's no excuse for any of this and I'm now really glad that I changed my mind and didn't jump on ordering one of these when they were first announced.

I hope all of you get your instruments very soon whether they are the Model C or other Hahns.

9. telemaster03

I’m out.

Aggravation and frustration have been growing with no replies or contact over the past month. Yesterday I had initiated a dispute through PayPal, more in hopes of lighting a fire than cancelling the order. After thinking about it and weighing options all day yesterday I sent Chihoe an email late last night asking for a refund. Very early this morning I had an e-mail that a refund had been sent and it’s pending in my PayPal account..ironic that’s what it took to get a reply. Chihoe related that the guitar is done and boxed and could be shipped today if I still wanted it. Been thinking about it since I received the e-mail but I think I’m going to pass. I suspect he was up all night finishing it. I feel a little bad, I think Chihoe means well and is just in over his head. At the end of the day it’s a guitar I’ve never played and only read about. I’ve also heard nightmare stories about damaged guitars and wonder what would happen if it came damaged or I just plain didn’t care for it? Nope, I’m done.

I’m a little disappointed but relieved at the same time...I’ve considered other really nice guitars in the time I’ve been waiting and watched as they came and went and at least now I can move on to the next one. I hope those of you that have yours enjoy it and those still waiting are not disappointed.

El Tele Lobo likes this.
  10. baiff

baiff Tele-Holic

I am surprised that people are surprised by this outcome. Hahn has a history of making great guitars but also a history of not delivering on time. A name will only get you so far in a business that is so over saturated with Fender copies. I think the intent in the beginning was good, making a quality guitar for a reasonable price but waiting this long is ridiculous. I never could understand waiting months or even years for a guitar or pickups in the hope that they would be what I was looking for. What is really disappointing is that there has been a ton of positive reviews of this guitar. I hope all that ordered will get the guitar they paid for, unfortunately this is just one more red flag for Hahn moving forward.

I think Hahn needs to spend some money to make some in the long run. Hire a PR person when launching a guitar like this. Give constant weekly or daily updates of each guitar or batches. With the low production numbers this would not be that difficult. Customers like communication and it can greatly affect you in the future.

telemaster03 and El Tele Lobo like this.
  11. guitrr

guitrr Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

I’m still waiting.

12. Brucesu

Brucesu Tele-Meister

I can say in my experience Chihoe Hahn is a gentleman. I paid and waited to get my guitar. When I got the guitar it was really amazing. However, I had to return the guitar. Chihoe refunded my money no questions asked. He said he was just sorry it didn’t work out.

Chihoe is an honest guy just doing what he loves. It might take him awhile to reply, but you gotta know it’s just him doing everything (plus a couple employees?)

Here you go...it’s on reverb!

Hahn Model C
    https://reverb.com/item/17763299-hahn-model-c?utm_source=ios-app&utm_medium=share

13. heffus

heffus Tele-Holic

It's gone.

14. maggieo

maggieo Tele-Holic

I have guitars from Fatdawg, Rick Kelly, and Chihoe Hahn; each guitars is a superb instrument and was worth every dollar and every minute of waiting. I try to practice mindfullness and patience. I've found that it brings be rewards that are mental, physical, spiritual, and in the case of guitars, tangible.

Once I realized that I was not the once who controls the circumstances of others' lives, I was able to let go, focus on what I have at the moment and then be grateful for the future happiness when my guitars were ready.

guitrr and ianstrike like this.
  15. telemaster03

The thing is the anxiety and frustration was not of my making. When I spoke directly to Chihoe about the guitar he said it would be shipped that week. 2 1/2 weeks later when I again called him he said he would have a tracking number to me by the end of the day. 2 weeks after that he told me on the phone that the guitar was boxed, sitting by the elevator and would go out the next day. Then nothing. Dark for a month until I requested a refund.

Many have said Chihoe is a good dude and he probably is. But others have said he’s a man of his word and have patience and wait and you’ll get a great guitar but that is simply not true, at least a good percentage of time. There are too many stories just like mine, but for high dollar high-end custom guitars that people waited years for and NEVER received. Years. If you choose to deal with someone who does business this way that’s your prerogative. I don’t and I didn’t do anything wrong here. I paid the money and believed the man and even though I’m not out anything but time and frustration I can tell you a Hahn guitar will not be in my future, no matter how good they are. That is bad business and if you call it anything else you’re a fool.

At the end of the day the guitar that finds it’s way to me will respond more to what I put into it than anything a builder - be it a Hahn, Fender or whatever - puts into it.

16. ianstrike

ianstrike TDPRI Member

Two things:

Chihoe also told me more than once that my guitar was about to be sent (when it turned out to be months away).

Since I’ve had my Model C, I’m totally thrilled with it. It’s the best guitar I’ve ever owned. The frustration that I experienced when I was waiting seems inconsequential now. At this point, it’s all about how great my model C is. The angst while waiting - when I’d been told it was about to be shipped - is a faint distant memory.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2018
    maggieo and Brucesu like this.
  17. MrNoTalent

I'll keep waiting....after reading telemaster03's story, repeated attempts to contact won't do any good even if you are able to connect with him...whatever he says or promises won't happen...blows my mind that someone can do this...must have no conscience. One good thing, though, is he gets on refunds/returns immediately. I'm no Sherlock Holmes, but I'll bet Chihoe reads this thread (after all, he's posted on it.... Model C's by end of Oct....right!) and I bet he looks at every email, Instagram, etc he gets, but at least responds to refunds, which is good. I've only spoken with him a couple times and he is as nice as can be...not "eccentric" at all, so I hope I haven't been forgotten....I really would like to own one of his guitars and I can be really patient, although "noisy" at times. Wishing Chihoe and everyone on this thread a healthy/happy '19.

18. MrNoTalent

The video on Reverb (now gone) may be the same one that Brucesu posted on 6/26/18 (post #163) on this thread...it still works on my computer and shows Chihoe at his shop

19. vgallagher

vgallagher Tele-Meister

Been following this thread for months. Seems a little communication would go a long way. I could never put up with being treated this way. I think I’ll stick with the name brands, these boutique builds can’t be that much better especially if you get into the higher end Fenders etc.

Custom acoustics the waits are even crazier and prices way higher. A high end Martin is pretty hard to beat and they’re stock with warranties and you can play before you pay! Just my own opinion based on my lack of patience. I guess if I was told upfront a year or so wait I could handle it. But to be told several different ship dates that come and go I’d be nuts..

Sent from my iPad using TDPRI forum mobile app

Evan6613, baiff and telemaster03 like this.
  20. Enrico Comaschi

Enrico Comaschi TDPRI Member

maggieo likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.