new Hahn Campilongo Tele

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by ruger9, Dec 28, 2017.

1. ianstrike

ianstrike TDPRI Member

I believe Chihoe sends the tracking numbers when he’s shipping. (At least he did with me.)

Brucesu likes this.
  2. maggieo

maggieo Tele-Holic

Robert Quine would have loved this guitar.

3. tommy11

tommy11 NEW MEMBER!

This is my first post on here, I just want to chime in as another happy Hahn C owner. Other than the long wait the experience was really good. I have to say the sustain and acoustic qualities are quite remarkable and unique, most guitars just don’t ring out like that. The neck and the fret work is perfectly done and the tones are great. My intonates perfectly, I would say it has medium action strung with nine’s. It kind of feels like what 10’s tens with low action would feel like but no buzzing or fretting out. I don’t think he made much money on these but he got a lot new potential customers that will buy future builds I suspect.

bharris, guitrr, maggieo and 3 others like this.
  4. tommy11

tommy11 NEW MEMBER!

[​IMG] Here’s mine

baiff, maggieo, matrix and 3 others like this.
  5. ianstrike

ianstrike TDPRI Member

IMG_1466.JPG

And mine. (It’s #25)

Brucesu, bharris, guitrr and 6 others like this.
  6. baiff

baiff Tele-Holic

FYI, Jim has some shows outside of NY coming up. Check out his updated website and enjoy those Model C's!

bharris, guitrr and ianstrike like this.
  7. caspersvapors

caspersvapors Tele-Meister

Um how do I adjust the pickup height on my Model C?

8. ianstrike

ianstrike TDPRI Member

Remove the pickguard, (enjoy the actual signature and number on the inside) and use the pickup screws to make your adjustment. And then reattach your pickguard.

9. caspersvapors

caspersvapors Tele-Meister

The number signature thing must have been something only the first batches got because my pickguard is blank inside

Brucesu likes this.
  10. meestergrowley

meestergrowley TDPRI Member

Tommy11's post above really nails it. I got mine last week, and I couldn't be happier. If you ever get the chance to play one or buy one, don't hesitate!

One of the things I found so cool about it is the how old (?) the neck feels..the finish is like nothing else, and the fretwork is impeccable. The body is a whole other thing, with the sunken paint making it feel like how I imagine Jim's '59 tele looks and feels.

ianstrike and maggieo like this.
  11. MrNoTalent

MrNoTalent TDPRI Member Silver Supporter

Just wondering if there is anyone still waiting for their Model C. I got an email on 11/6 from Chihoe that said "your Model C is ready to ship, can I get your mailing address please, & the guitar is a beauty". I replied with my address immediately and expected a tracking #.... called a week later when there was none. Chihoe actually answered the phone and said it would ship UPS and a tracking # would be emailed. Now its 11/29 and I have heard nothing and can't reach Chihoe...so I am getting a little worried or has this happened to everybody? I called my credit card co. (my bank) and they assured me they would get all my money back, but I told them to wait as I really would like the Model C and hope he just doesn't slap one together to get it out the door. All I want is a quality instrument and will stay patient, but this is getting a little ridiculous.

12. guitrr

guitrr Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

I’m waiting on mine. Chihoe would not “slap one together”, just be patient. I ordered mine in April, but knew it would be a long wait, and I’m OK with that. C’mon Santa

ianstrike likes this.
  13. MrNoTalent

Thanks for responding, guitrr….I, too, ordered in April and maybe Chihoe sent this email to several customers and realized he didn't have enough guitars to send to all of them....who knows? I was hoping to get it in time for Jim's show in my area on Monday so he could possibly sign the pickguard, but that won't happen...no big deal.

ianstrike and guitrr like this.
  14. matrix

matrix Tele-Meister

Model C guitars...low financial cost, high emotional cost :D

Mine took over 10 months from order/pay to delivery.

telemaster03, Evan6613 and guitrr like this.
  15. Brucesu

Brucesu Tele-Meister

Chihoe is a man of his word. You will get your guitar! So just sit back and relax and make a shrine to display your new model c.

ianstrike likes this.
  16. guitrr

guitrr Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

You know the saying, Cheap, Good, Fast - pick any two. :D

Personally, I'll sacrifice fast for cheap and good any day. I have a high end custom guitar I'm waiting on from another luthier, who is so in demand he's very backordered. I expect to get my guitar from him roughly around early summer next year - after a two and a half year wait.

17. MrNoTalent

2-1/2 years....wow....that must be an awesome guitar....makes Chihoe look like a speed demon....I am "relaxed" now and willing to wait...much more important that he takes his time to build all the C's to the same high standards....from what I read on the web, it may be the best "bang for buck" out there...wish I had not received an email saying it was ready when it really wasn't and he would just give a realistic projection...his post #252 (9/26) estimated late Oct....I wouldn't have cared if he said next Spring as long as he could do it. Oh, I assume it will fit in any tele case....post if it will not...I better start shopping for a decent case.

telemaster03 and ianstrike like this.
  18. maggieo

maggieo Tele-Holic

It's definitely worth the wait. Mine is an amazing guitar.

And hey, Chihoe is waaaay faster than some other builders and the Model C is a third of what you'd pay for something similar.

Brucesu and ianstrike like this.
  19. telemaster03

telemaster03 Tele-Meister

Same boat here, different story...I e-mailed Hahn Guitars at the end of October to see if the Model C was available. Chihoe e-mailed me right back that the run was done but he’d had an order cancel, did I want that one? He went on to explain it would ship the next week...I sent the $$ right away thinking the guitar would be coming shortly but still no guitar to date. I can’t say communication is bad, he’s generally answered my e-mails and calls. I called last week and he asked me to text my address to him and that the guitars were boxed, ready to go and sitting by the elevator to go to the shipper but I’ve not received any shipment notification or guitar.

It seems from other posts this has gone on for the past few years with other customers, sort of how it goes if you want a Hahn. Other posts allude to all the Model Cs being done and shipped by the end of October. I don’t mind waiting but it’s frustrating to be told several times the guitar will ship any minute and then nothing. I don’t doubt the guitar will come eventually but it has crossed my mind to cancel just on general principle. The ‘hurry up and wait’ continues, I hope the end result is worth the trouble.

Quake-caster, MrNoTalent and Brucesu like this.
  20. DaveGo

DaveGo Tele-Meister

I am a two-time Hahn loser. I commissioned him to do Model 228 to coincide with my 60th birthday five years ago. He told me 14 weeks, I canceled after well over a year. 16 months before my 65th birthday I contacted him to try again for a "birthday" guitar. He assured me he'd tightened up his build process and again said 14 weeks. I told him not to rush the guitar (as I knew the 14 weeks was BS), he had 16 months to put his mojo in it, just complete it and have it to me on or before my birthday in November, 2018. I canceled on my birthday as the guitar wasn't even started. He did offer to knock one out in a few days, which I declined. Not much communication during the 16 months as he was ass deep in the Model C debacle by that time. When I canceled he was apologetic (offered me a bridge for free) and his excuse was that if he didn't put all his energy into completing the Model C run it would be bad for his business. My Model 228 was twice the price of a Model C. A superior builder and nice guy he may be; a good businessman he is not. He may make a great guitar but there are plenty of great guitars available on the market without the angst of waiting two or three years (if you're lucky). That's my experience; hopefully yours may be different. The experience has soured me on boutique guitars. Find a good Tele - there's more guitars out there than there are people to buy them - and spend you energy learning to play it. Fortunately I have a '59 Custom Shop Esquire that is a better guitar than I deserve. Chihoe's a nice guy but that fact didn't put a guitar in my lap.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.