New Guy at Work has Lunch all Figured out!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by 2HBStrat, Nov 19, 2019.

1. 2HBStrat

2HBStrat Tele-Meister

So, we have a new guy at work. The company typically provides lunch, either something fast food or something cooked here. He has established that he has a finicky stomach so, yesterday, while the rest of us had Sloppy Joes, which his stomach can't take, he got a pan fried hamburger. Pretty slick!

2. charlie chitlin

charlie chitlin Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

I worked with a woman who was scared to death of driving in snow...really phobic.
    At the first couple flakes, she was out of there like she'd been shot out of a gun.
    I used to think...I'm gonna make something like that up when I get my next job...

harlycarly, Dan R, jimash and 10 others like this.
  3. ozcal

ozcal Tele-Holic

i have this affliction...it s terrible.... straight out and up to the mountain with my snowboards...

LocoTex, Doug B, colnago and 9 others like this.
  4. dlew919

dlew919 Poster Extraordinaire

And I hope you were in Hawaii or somewhere;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

howardlo likes this.
  5. Controller

Controller Friend of Leo's

Had a workmate like that except he was scared to death of work.

jglenn, KWal, harlycarly and 20 others like this.
  6. teletimetx

teletimetx Doctor of Teleocity

well, as I finish my brown bag lunch (turkey sammich, cheese & crackers) I am first contemplating the idea of a company provided lunch. probably ok.

..and then my evil twin Skippy says, "What if the only alternative lunch for anyone was a pan fried hamburger?" How fussy would Mr. Butterfly Stomach be if he could only get one choice? "oh, you don't like today's menu? Well you can get anything you want, as long as its a pan fried hamburger."

Just asking for my evil twin.

7. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Poster Extraordinaire

I had a new workmate once that wouldn't take my advise on what to eat or drink at work during heat waves. He had to spend the second half of the day in a park public toilet after drinking a large carton of apple juice then trying to carry my bricks when the temp had got up to 40 degrees Celsius.

He probably didn't take my advice seriously because I drank a litre of iced coffee and a litre of vanilla custard the same morning yet suffered no ill consequences.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
    tintag27, Fretting out and Torren61 like this.
  8. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

When someone interviewed with us, and mentioned their deadly concerns, my business partner and I smiled and mentioned we were deadly afraid of paying any paychecks.

9. Shuster

Shuster Poster Extraordinaire

They make your lunch for you at work,,, WTF?! Where I worked, people stole your lunch, or the best parts of it!
    I gave the thief a terrible stomach ache, or a least a bad taste in his mouth,,,lol :twisted:

10. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

I had an engine malfunction on a truck once when I was over around Fillmore California, they sent a guy with a bobtail to have me load my truck on my trailer, and come home on. I was already dog tire before the engine failure because I had been out for more than a twenty four hour day (log book, don't ask), but I got a little nap while the guy was getting there. When we got my truck loaded I told him you drive, I'll sleep. I had been about thirty minutes when we got to the 99 highway, it started snowing and the guy pulled over and said, "I can't drive in snow, you'll have to drive." There was just enough snow it was starting to stick, but he wouldn't drive. I think when people do that, it's just a cop out.

11. Deeve

Deeve Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

@Toto'sDad - snow days...
    Seattle has only 6 people who are confident about driving in snow (and hills)
    A few winters back when snow actually made it to our humble town, I walked in to the office (about a mile a way)
    Mrs Deeve rode the bus into downtown, as she always does.
    Her office (1-200 people) was a virtual ghost-town, so the manager went from desk to desk, noting who stayed home and who was on the job.
    No penalty against those who stayed home, but if you were present, the manager handed you a crisp $50 bill.
    By noon, it all turned to rain anyway.

as for health strategies @ the office
    time for a re-post -
    ExpertsRecommend[1].jpeg

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
    LocoTex, Dan R, trapdoor2 and 9 others like this.
  12. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

What do vegetarians do?

13. Torren61

Torren61 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Watermelon, salad and water.

Chunkocaster likes this.
  14. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

Vegetarian schmegatarian, I'm a meat-eater and a pan-fried burger doesn't sound too appetizing to me

Doug B and Fretting out like this.
  15. ReverendRevolver

ReverendRevolver Tele-Holic

I have an employee who is a paraplegic. He drives a mustang with added hand controls because, you know, no working legs.

Hes (somewhat inexplicably) not been able to get any sort of FMLA for leaving early when snows bad. We've cheated and taken care of him when conditions actually warrant it, but it always struck me as odd that someone couldn't get intermittent leave for that.

Toto'sDad likes this.
  16. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Poster Extraordinaire

I've maintained the same routine of 1 litre of iced coffee and pack of cigs a day at work for the past 30 years and it's never failed me. I eat food when I get home early afternoon.
    I have a iron stomach but I think Watermelon might do me in.

17. getbent

getbent Telefied Ad Free Member

while everyone else has their mouth full of food... they talk to everyone about the vegan lifestyle and all the benefits of it...

We had our holiday 'dinner' yesterday at lunch... our vegan population asked that we not try to feed them... most of them don't like veggies and want vegan food that pretends to be meat and the stuff they like.

18. geoff_in_nc

geoff_in_nc Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

OP I love burgers, but I would rather have the sloppy Joe since I'd never make it for myself.

I feel bad for folks who have either real or self imposed restrictions on what they eat. To me variety is wonderful, and to limit oneself seems undesirable. That said, there's things I don't like and won't eat, so maybe I'm a little hypocritical? Lol. Ah, whatever...

Toto'sDad likes this.
  19. Bones

Bones Telefied Ad Free Member

People still eat lunch?

fatcat and Andy B like this.
  20. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

Only management, in my experience

Toto'sDad and stinkey like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.