New Guitar not Fender

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by Whiteymin, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Whiteymin

Whiteymin TDPRI Member

I recently purchased a new telecaster guitar not fender I have a fender but was curious about this now line. I ordered a Harbley Benton Telecaster. They are not well know in USA because they have no supplier here. They are well know in Germany where they hail from. A company called Thomann. Some compare the Lower models with the Squoer Classic Vibe model. I tried to TE 20 model with is a standardseries. They have deluxe line also. One which I love is the TE 70 Black Paisley. Cost is very affordable. My TE 20 telecaster in sunburst was 84 dollars not counting shipping . The TE 70 Paisley model is 144 dollars. During pandemic DHL droppee ball ok them delivering. Thomann switched to UPS Express which gets it to US In about a week. They are good quality guitars. Mine had a damaged tuner in shipping. I called them snd they offered a refund towards new purchase or a complete refund back to my account and I get to keep the guitar. I have alread made the repair and it isnt noticeable. I set it up, put on new DAddairio strings and started playing. I hate to say it but I'm actually reaching for this Harley Benton more than my fender. It feels great in hand and the neck is smooth and fast. Appearance is phenomenal. Fit and finish. I look at it when I walk by and immediately want to play it. The headstock s VERY close to the Fender telecaster. It is loud and well balanced string to string. Get online and google Thomann and it will come up. Browse the website and check these prices out.
    Good luck if u get one. You will not regret it.

2. nathanteal

nathanteal Tele-Holic

Congrats on your acquisition! Harley seems to be gaining some traction in the States. I know a few guys here who swear by them as solid budget guitars. I'd love to get my grubby hands on one someday too.

3. 3-Chord-Genius

3-Chord-Genius Poster Extraordinaire

They are quickly becoming well regarded in the U.S.

4. 68Telebass

68Telebass Tele-Afflicted

How are the pickups?? Looking for a real budget Tele. Thinking Monoprice, Glarry, and maybe Harley Benton now. Hear good things about them from our members across the pond...

5. 68Telebass

68Telebass Tele-Afflicted

Yup! I’m looking on their site as I type this! Thinking about the metallic blue...sort of a lake placid color...
    Soooo...$84...What’s the total after shipping and taxes??

6. SecretSquirrel

SecretSquirrel Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Congrats! Any chance we can see some pictures? Say, a couple of full body shots, maybe throw in some gratuitous closeups? :D:cool:

I occasionally see used Harley Bentons for sale on CL, I'm curious to try one.

7. Ebidis

Ebidis Tele-Afflicted

I have a Harley Benton SC Junior (LP Jr style) that cost $230 total shipped. I've had it for a month, and I've been playing the snot out of it. I can say it is a killer guitar. The quality is way above what anyone would expect for the price.

8. Whiteymin

Whiteymin TDPRI Member

I will get closer pickups when I get home this evening. As far as the pickups go, I had purchased some pickups to go in it but after getting it and playing I'm not going to change them. I like the stock pickups. They are hotter than what I hear in Squiers I've played by far and have a well rounded tone to them with a bite.

9. Whiteymin

Whiteymin TDPRI Member

Take a look at the Harley Benton TE 70 they have listed right now for $144 .

Attached Files:

10. jvin248

jvin248 Poster Extraordinaire

^^^ The TE-70 is the one I keep watching.
    Other notable models are the SC 450 and 550 along with the PRS-like double-cut and the headless models.
    The Junior styled model is very popular.

Shipping is around $35 ...but it's still $35 if you buy two or three guitars I've heard from others. So find a second or third you like too ;)
    They ship to US buyers from a warehouse in PA.

11. Whiteymin

Whiteymin TDPRI Member

More pics. Close ups too

Attached Files:

12. Whiteymin

Whiteymin TDPRI Member

Last pic

Attached Files:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.