1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

New Guitar Day (Hahn Model C)

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by CX Hunter, Jan 12, 2021 at 5:16 PM.

1. CX Hunter

CX Hunter TDPRI Member

Watched that Jim C video one time too many. Called Chihoe last Friday and as luck (really good luck) would have it, he said he'd have a newly completed Model C available for sale on Monday. He lives just 40 minutes north of me up in Newberg, close to where I lived as a kid working on a dairy farm for 4 years, serious red neck territory. In the event... drove up to his place with my old Black Face Princeton Reverb to try before the buy. So many "fabulous" boutique guitars I've tried ended up being disappointing. Not this one. Fit and finish is exquisite. Super light, total attention to detail. Because of Covid he just brought out an extension cord to and I plugged it in out in the parking lot. Just absolutely blown away. Rarely have I heard a Tele with bass response that was so full and yet REALLY transparent. He loved the old amp and was encouraging me to play a while longer despite how cold it was outside but I was feeling kinda self-conscious and then one of the local rustics threw a catfood tin over the back fence at us. LOL. Chihoe said, "Just play anyhow" but I didn't want to make hard feelings between him and his neighbor. Got it home and played for an hour just now. This guitar needs nothing. Sounds so good straight in the amp. It is - of course the one on the left. The photo doesn't do it justice. [​IMG]Hahn

50hz, johmica, EsquireBoy and 23 others like this.
  2. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Great guitar, great story!
    Congratulations!

nojazzhere likes this.
  3. thunderbyrd

thunderbyrd Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

glad you got it, i've had the hots for one of his tele-types ever since i read that rave review in Guitar player several years ago. please fill us in with ALL details. that review i read convinced me that Hahn's are the best T-type of all.

you lucky rascal.

one of the greatest guitar makers in the world, and his neighbors throw cans at him. from everything i've read of him, he's a really good guy.

SRHmusic likes this.
  4. Fenderdad1950

Fenderdad1950 Tele-Afflicted

Custom made ........Congrats:D

5. That Cal Webway

That Cal Webway Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Nize!

6. shallbe

shallbe TDPRI Member

I love his stuff. Enjoy.

boris bubbanov likes this.
  7. MickM

MickM Poster Extraordinaire Platinum Supporter

It looks like it's shell pink. If it is I'll take it! Did he say what pickups are in it? Beautiful guitar, Enjoy!
    I threw a beer can at a guitar player one time. It was my stepbrother who had to constantly noodle between songs; got his attention but he couldn't be cured.

nojazzhere and SRHmusic like this.
  8. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Doctor of Teleocity

If it's good enough for Campilongo, I imagine it's good enough for me......
    Congratulations.
    (and yes....it looks sweet)

9. CX Hunter

CX Hunter TDPRI Member

They are Lollars.

MickM, boris bubbanov and Robert H. like this.
  10. Stanford Guitar

Stanford Guitar Tele-Holic

My next guitar......

Did anyone here get one of Walter Becker's from the estate sale?

11. CX Hunter

CX Hunter TDPRI Member

The color in the photo is off. It's actually a pretty neutral kind of pale straw color. The guitar on the right isn't really that green. It's a Fender "Vintage Blond" color that I expect was a weird batch - so slightly olive exaggerated by the lighting.

MickM and boris bubbanov like this.
  12. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Sure wish there were more of these Hahns to go around. Every one I've seen, is so nice.

13. scooteraz

scooteraz Friend of Leo's

@CX Hunter, I got one in 19. It is pictured below. It is everything you say it is.

I ordered it when he was thinking he was going to make a couple of batches, and stop. I waited 6 or 8 weeks for it to arrive at my job site apartment. I then played the everliving out of that guitar.

A few weeks later, as I drove to the garage in the complex, I notice a large box on my porch. When I got to my front door, I noticed the box was from Hahn, and was the same shape and size as the box he shipped my guitar in. I had a pretty good idea what was in the box. I never opened it, but I sent Chihoe an email thanking him for the unexpected BOGO Model C offer; I politely declined the second guitar as I expected someone else would enjoy it. He seemed genuinely amused at my wording, and I sent it back a day later.

Coulda had two....

upload_2021-1-13_12-36-4.jpeg

EsquireBoy and shallbe like this.
  14. old wrench

old wrench Tele-Afflicted

The Hahn's are some very nice guitars.

I like the specs Chihoe uses; he makes a good design even better :).

15. EsquireBoy

EsquireBoy Tele-Afflicted

@Jim Campilongo is a man of good taste.
    Congrats, and enjoy this NGD because it's a special one!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.