New Glaser Bender

Discussion in 'B-Bender Forum' started by Bakelite, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Bakelite

Bakelite TDPRI Member

I've gained a lot of knowledge from this forum but never actually posted. However, I recently sent my guitar off to Joe Glaser to put a bender in (my first bender) and I am absolutely loving it! I've always admired the sound of a bender and am having so much fun experimenting with it in my music.

Aside from loving my "new toy" as my wife calls it, Joe and his team were great to work with and they turned around my guitar in less than a day! They were very professional every step of the way while we coordinated shipping my guitar back and forth to New England and they were very patient to spend time on the phone with me and answer all my questions.

Right now the bender is setup on the B string with medium throw, but what's great about this bender is that it can be switched over to the G string if I want. I'm going to play around for a few months, then switch over to the G string for a while before deciding what my preference will be. This feature was the main reason I went with Glaser because while I love Brad Paisley and his G bender, I also love a lot of the classic B bender guys, and even what John Osborn has been doing with his B bender in Brothers Osborne.

I hadn't seen any recent posts on the new Glaser benders so I just wanted to let folks know that after a few weeks with my new bender, I can't recommend it enough. Obviously as this is my first bender I can't compare to others, but I have absolutely no regrets going with Glaser.

brookdalebill likes this.
  2. monkeybanana

monkeybanana Tele-Holic

I have always wanted one but I can barely plan a non-bender. Congrats! Where are the pictures?

P.S. How was that username still available!? :)

3. Bakelite

Bakelite TDPRI Member

haha I was just as surprised when the name was available! Here are some pictures of the new hardware on my 52 Hot Rod Reissue. IMG_6640.jpeg IMG_6638.jpeg IMG_6639.jpeg

4. smoothrecluse

smoothrecluse Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Such a clean installation!

5. T Prior

T Prior Poster Extraordinaire

Excellent ! Enjoy. The Glaser system is premium for sure. I am thinking that the idea to swap the saddle over to the G from the B came from Joe's system used in the Gibson Music City Jr, from around 2012 to 2014 about 500 units made. While they are not exactly the same saddle wise, the concept is exactly the same. Move the saddle ! Who can say why it took another 5 or 6 years to make the nice improvement.

regarding the B vs the G, while it seems very interesting, and it is, they seem to be similar but yet they are totally different. The intervals and chord positions used for the B pull will all be missing when you move to the G pull. It may drive you crazy. "Where are all those phrases and positions I've been practicing for the last 6 months " ?

And VICE VERSA .

I moved the B saddle to the G on the Gibson, played it for 15 minutes then moved it back ! It was just TOO different than what I was accustomed to.

Just an awareness thing.

Congrats, Have fun !

6. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Howdy and welcome!
    I had a Glaser B bender installed on a guitar Michael Stevens made me.
    It worked beautifully!

string pull likes this.
  7. Shango66

Shango66 Friend of Leo's

I had no idea how this Bender is built in so cleanly.
    4.30 in the video clears things up a bit.

8. That Cal Webway

That Cal Webway Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Glaser's a hands on genius

9. Rick Towne

Rick Towne Tele-Afflicted

I’m quite happy with my 1993 lefty B/G in a cherry burst ASAT Classic. 26 years of flawless performance. And it was so much “fun” for Joe and John to build a lefty double that they never did another.

10. Al33

Al33 TDPRI Member

I was looking to ship my tele to Glaser for refret but read that you have to go pick up the guitar now - they don’t ship back anymore? Just asking here cause I saw the original post said the guitar was sent off to Joe. Sorry if I misunderstood!

11. Bakelite

Bakelite TDPRI Member

I would just give them a call to clarify. I can't speak for them, but I imagine if I was performing a setup or anything that requires a setup, I would want you to look at it when you pick it up to ensure you're satisfied with the work.

Everyone at the shop that I communicated with was very nice and professional, so I would just give them a call and ask.

Al33 likes this.
  12. T Prior

T Prior Poster Extraordinaire

also don't be afraid to reach out to Forrest Lee jr, he is offering the Glaser systems on a limited basis , authorized of course.

13. sequencepro

sequencepro Tele-Meister

How much are Joe’s single bender installs going for now? And what kind of turnaround time?

14. Bakelite

Bakelite TDPRI Member

Check out his website https://www.glaserbender.com/ for prices and its probably best to just give him a call to get an idea on turnaround time. I know this new bender design of his was designed to allow for a much easier installation than his previous version and he had my guitar turned around in a day. Obviously it also depends on how busy he is so it's probably most efficient to call and ask.

15. Skronkocaster

Skronkocaster TDPRI Member

I'm looking to have Joe put one of his systems in a Tele of mine. Honestly, it's in no small part due to the fact I want to try a G Bender, but there's not a prob if I don't gel with G and want to move back to B.

16. mshartz

mshartz NEW MEMBER!

Just got my tele back from Joe this last Friday. He installed the bender as a g bender in it. Wow, this thing is smooth and is of unbelievable quality. Joe is increadible to work with and the turnaround was unbelievably fast even with their power being knocked out for a week from that bad storm. In reference to an earlier post, they will ship your guitar. I shipped mine down there from Iowa via UPS and they shipped it back same method with no issues whatsoever. This thing is fun.

Skronkocaster and Bakelite like this.
  17. Brian blaut

Brian blaut Friend of Leo's

out of curiosity, how long was your wait? from sending it to getting it back?
    Also, do you send the whole guitar, or just the body?

18. Bakelite

Bakelite TDPRI Member

Brian, Joe actually installed my bender on the same day he received it and then shipped it out the next day. Obviously it depends on how much work they have going on so the best way to get an idea of what their current turnaround time would be just to send them an email or give them a call. Everyone I talked to was very professional and helpful throughout the entire process.

19. Bakelite

Bakelite TDPRI Member

How are you enjoying the G-bender? I'm debating if it is time to switch it over from B to G and give it a go. Are you learning any specific songs that utilize the G bender?

20. Brian blaut

Brian blaut Friend of Leo's

thank you! good to know.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.