New Fender Tone Master amps - Summer NAMM

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by GuitLoop, Jul 18, 2019.

1. GuitLoop

GuitLoop Tele-Meister

2. skerwo

skerwo Tele-Holic

3. GuitLoop

GuitLoop Tele-Meister

Sorry...I searched the forum for "tone master" before starting this thread.

4. Orpingtons

Orpingtons Tele-Meister

Again with the modeling amp stuff. Why God... why? :confused:

5. Middleman

Middleman Friend of Leo's

I listened to the couple of videos out there and have say, they sound thin and fuzzy in the upper mid range. Understand what they tried to achieve but that sound misses the mark for me. Maybe it sounds better live and I will wait for a final call.

6. Durtdog

Durtdog Poster Extraordinaire

It is the financial future of the amp business.

7. GuitLoop

GuitLoop Tele-Meister

Makes me wonder if Mustang amp tech is under the hood somewhere.

8. alnico357

alnico357 Tele-Holic

God told me, "if it sounds good, thou may use modeling amps. Do not trouble thyself."

Nubs, Danjabellza and BelairPlayer like this.
  9. Frodebro

Frodebro Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Because it's not 1965 anymore?

Fred Rogers, tlsmack, Nubs and 7 others like this.
  10. mistermikev

mistermikev Tele-Holic

i dunno, I'm a fan of both modeling and tube amps. that said, all the reasons I love modelers these amps don't display... ie the ability to quickly access 100s of dif amps. the ability to recall complicated routings/fx. furthermore these amps are really popular among tube purists whom I'm assuming are going to reject these - esp given the price. so I'm predicting a big fat flop on this one. fender should have taken what they did with the cyber amps and expanded on it... assuming they wanted to do anything in this realm. just one mans o.

stnmtthw and GuitLoop like this.
  11. gridlock

gridlock Friend of Leo's

This is a good move by Fender, and probably the future of the company.

I’m not into modelers, and am keeping my tube amps, but the young up-and-coming kids and probably gigging Musician’s will buy them.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
  12. stormin1155

stormin1155 Tele-Meister

How many ways can they attempt to make new amps that sound like old amps???

Boubou and Paul in Colorado like this.
  13. GuitLoop

GuitLoop Tele-Meister

...but only if they sound as good as tube amps. And it may take a little while for us to sort that one out since the debate is still raging on previous digital models.

gridlock likes this.
  14. VWAmTele

VWAmTele Friend of Leo's

Eventually they will make a modeling amp that sounds exactly like the tube version - then the conversation is moot.

Nubs and GuitLoop like this.
  15. deytookerjaabs

deytookerjaabs Friend of Leo's

In the 70's you could have MULTI CHANNEL amps and actual boxes that produced all sorts of noises, distortions, reverbs, and delays with serious new aftermarket SD distortion humbuckers plus badass bridges for heavy tone.

Then in the 80's you could build your own RACK with like 20 processors all through the superior "never break down" Roland Jazz Chorus plus your floyd rose with locking tuners that dive bombed so much better than previous decade dive bombs.

Then in the 90's you could get FLOOR PROCESSORS with 900 presets of every guitar tone every produced to go direct coupled with your neck through 12 pole magnet buckered semi hollow tone masheen from carvin to blow away all tone competition.

Then in 2000's Line 6 and Fender "Recreated" all the vintage sounds ever with their Cyber Twin plus with your Line 6 variuhaxaxaxe or awesome Gibson Dark Fire digital hex pickup guitar the slaying of all inferior guitar bros was at your command with infinite universe imploding possibilities.

But wait....for the 2010's so that Kemperer made a box sooooo awesome that you could get your vintage reissue custom shop guitar and the kempereerer and make a REAL 1966 JTM 45 hiding in it's own circuits...but it gets better..the Kemerprer gave you a REAL 1959 Bassman, seriously, inside it, right there in in the discrete chips and fish, and, like even that Silver Jubilee you always lusted for??? It's right there, in your kempehelixerer.

And don't forget the FUTURE of tone is in your Iphone...real apps with KILLER TONEZ awaiting all you shred heds.

.....Good thing it's not 1965 anymore. I'd be stuck with a 335 and a Super Reverb, **** me. I'm sure the kids will love it just as I'm sure in a decade there will be piles of them at the pawn shop for jack squat.

16. stnmtthw

stnmtthw Friend of Leo's

I just think that they missed the mark on price. They are only going for about $100-$150 less than the tube version.

I expect digital amps to be way cheaper than the tube versions they are emulating, and/or be like a Kemper and be able to emulate everything you can think of, not just one model. Just my opinion.

bsman, Nubs and Les H like this.
  17. GuitLoop

GuitLoop Tele-Meister

The gear companies are glad to provide GAS for our tanks ;)

18. gusfinley

gusfinley Tele-Holic

This seems like a waste of digital circuitry to me.

If you're just modeling ONE amplifier why not implement an analog model and make it robust enough to actually last more than a few years?

If they are applying all of that processing power to one model it had better be VERY good.

"Hold on Bill.... My amp needs an update... then I'll show you that sweet lick I was talking about... "

Les H, Lawdawg and Jakedog like this.
  19. Lawdawg

Lawdawg Tele-Holic

That was kind of my thought when I posted about it on the longer thread about these amps. I get that Fender isn't trying to compete with the likes of Kemper or Fractal, but I still think it would have made sense to include some additional features on a fully digital Twin/Deluxe amp. My thought was to have a switch on the back to select from 3-4 different types of classic Twin amps (or Deluxe for that model), as well as some additional term and reverb models (perhaps cribbing from Fender's own the Tre Verb pedal). It's still staying true to the concept they're going for -- they don't even need to change the front panel -- but adds some of the flexibility that digital excels at. As is, the concept is a bit odd to me as it doesn't play to the strengths of either digital or analog amp technology.

20. PCollen

PCollen Friend of Leo's

How many stripes has the zebra ?

I think it is ridiculous what Fender has done with these two new amps. They could have made a single 2 x 12 amp with two models and 1, 2, and 4 x 12 speaker emulations and called it the Twin Deluxe, or v.v.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
    braveheart likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.