1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

New - Fender Road Worn Vinteras

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by rze99, Aug 10, 2020.

1. nicknklv

nicknklv Tele-Meister

Haha up until half a year ago I was on the hunt for a 50s Tele with a 7.25" U neck. Finally went for a Vintera 50s Mod which I'm very happy, but still... You never know what they've got around the corner. :D

xtelesquirex and willie like this.
  2. AlbertoMilanese

AlbertoMilanese Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Looks kinda both underwhelming and overpriced to me...

3. TwangerWannabe

TwangerWannabe Tele-Holic

Huh. Thought people were over the "road worn" thing. Guess not.

I'll admit I do like the looks of all of them except for the Tele Deluxe. Think a sunburst or black Road Worn Tele Deluxe would look better.

nicknklv and Matthias like this.
  4. rze99

rze99 Poster Extraordinaire

Missing word is nitro

5. Matthias

Matthias Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

I like that LPB Strat but it seems odd many of the colours are so off for the periods.

I was never impressed with the previous RWs as the size and shape of the dings were too uniform, like someone had gone to town bashing it repeatedly with a single tool. The wear looks pretty similar on these but I’ll reserve judgement until I see one up close.

RhythmFender likes this.
  6. RhythmFender

RhythmFender Tele-Meister

Looks cool, but maybe overpriced for getting a guitar that’s pre-beat up? To be fair, I’ve never really understood road worn, because I don’t get buying something that’s been faked to look like it’s been played a lot. I think they should be road worn legitimately, over many years on the road. But I feel the exact same way about pre-distressed denim, clothes, etc... why pay for something new that’s been half destroyed already? I’m hard enough on my clothes...

but to each their own, and I don’t care if other people buy the road worn, and I’m sure they will be great players and I wish anyone who buys them many years of fun playing them!

7. David Barnett

David Barnett Doctor of Teleocity

The color choices seem odd. First, with only two colors available per model, they've repeated Lake Placid Blue on the 50s Tele and 60s Strat. And 60s custom colors on 50s instruments? No sunburst for the Strat?

I wonder if they'll add a Jazzmaster and/or a bass to the line eventually?

nicknklv likes this.
  8. theprofessor

theprofessor Poster Extraordinaire

I think the Road Worn 50's Tele neck is my overall favorite, of all Fender-production necks. I very much prefer the 7.25" radius, and I like the smooth feel of the finish on the back and so forth. I'm hoping the treatment on these new Road Worn Vintera's 50's will be the same. As far as the whole shebang goes, I think I prefer the 50's Road Worn Teles I've seen to these, if these are urethane. But that's definitely prejudging the matter. I'd _love_ to have one of these Road Worn Vintera Strats in Fiesta Red and Teles in Lake Placid Blue.

nicknklv and PigBoy like this.
  9. knavel

knavel Tele-Meister

When the first Vinteras came out last year, this guy said at 41:20 in this video there would be road worn FSR and these would be lacquer---although it's not completely clear to me he's talking about a Vintera road worn. If so that would presumably explain the uptick in pricing of these from the standard Vinteras. But the press release about says aside from the road worn treatment specs are the same. So who knows.

nicknklv likes this.
  10. rze99

Good spot. Mind you, “Lacquer”could mean different things. But it’s hard to imagine the new ones would not be nitro. What would be the point?

11. rze99

Yeah it’s a lovely neck. And for Japan and Europe they did an FSR 50s called the “Taxman” that has a 9.5 radius and bigger frets but same rest of profile. That one is a cracker! Pretty rare.

nicknklv and theprofessor like this.
  12. nicknklv

nicknklv Tele-Meister

Yeah, I thought LPB was more of a 60s color - what's it doing on the 50s Tele? They could have gone with something like White Blonde.
    That was exactly my thought - I loved the old Road Worn Jaguar when I tried it out. Candy Apple Red. I was just too broke to afford it at the time! So I'm hoping for Round 2...

13. FredDairy

FredDairy Friend of Leo's

If you're going to put 7.25 on models other than the straight up vintage reissues again bring back the Pure Vintage line!

Used they go quick on Reverb.

Willy-son and mimmo like this.
  14. chrisj1602

chrisj1602 Tele-Meister

I really liked the Tele I used to have but I’m covered for single coils at the moment so I’d be interested in trying the 70s Deluxe, looks great I think.

15. Double Stop

Double Stop Tele-Meister

The specs on the Fender site indicate these are nitro finishes.

16. Double Stop

Double Stop Tele-Meister

I’m not an advocate of manufactured relics, but for the fans of this stuff I think these are super, especially the fact they’re nitro. This at least offers an opportunity for players to add their own personal “relicing” through general wear and tear to the manufactured relic. It’s still a bizarre concept to me, but to each their own. I think the price point is acceptable.

Spec wise, these have hotter output “vintage style” pickups and the Teles have what they’re calling a “Slim U” neck which intrigues me.

Now, if Fender came out with a non-reliced Vintera Tele which had a nitro finish, I’d be all over that!

17. rze99

thanks yes I see that now

18. Telepirate86

Telepirate86 Tele-Meister

Apparently the necks will be Road Worn nitro as well. Not urethane like previous. The vintage blond is pretty nice looking.

19. Martocaster

Martocaster TDPRI Member

I think these look great, I’m pleased they’re doing vintage style spec with some different colours, how many BSB Teles does the world really need?
    In another recent video Lee Anderton mentioned they were getting some FSR versions of these so I think I’ll hold out and see what they come up with.

I’d love a gold 50’s Tele!!

Erebia likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.