1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

NEW Fender Player Series Unveiled! Nice!

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by FenderGuy53, Jun 19, 2018.

1. tele12

tele12 Friend of Leo's

In the context I posted, my point was pretty much every time Fender needs a name, they slap "Player" onto it.

2. PCollen

PCollen Friend of Leo's

Obviously green due to the bottle being green, and yeller due to the bottle being clear.

zephyrR1 likes this.
  3. RoCkstAr256

RoCkstAr256 Friend of Leo's

I have a thought and not only i do believe that new Fender Players Series is the gas that Fender puts into Gibson fire :D

4. PCollen

PCollen Friend of Leo's

Has there been any change to the neck used on the Player series, vs. that used on the Standard. If not, then why would the Player series be experiencing neck/fret/nut issues now when the Standards being sold just a month ago historically did not ?

5. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Devish scheme! Sell the same liquor in different coloured bottles and make me buy both!

6. RoCkstAr256

My Player Tele neck is satin and feels more soft to standard mim i have in car mn. Dont take this post too serious. Fender wouldnt put new series on the market if the had some serious issues. Maybe just a few guitars had some issues but not whole series. Mine is in perfect condition. Guitar center checks stuff before they sell it.

7. brobar

brobar Tele-Holic

Thanks. I purchased it from Daniel Silva at Crazy Heart Leather. He hasn't updated his blog in a few years, but you can find his contact information there. He did both of those pickguards. Great guy to work with.

chemobrain likes this.
  8. chemobrain

chemobrain Friend of Leo's

FUN! FUN! FUN! FUN! FUN! FUN! :D

9. stardawg77

stardawg77 TDPRI Member

Maybe I'll have my '59 paid off in the next decade

10. DHart

DHart Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

I'm quite well-sated with Teles, at present, but if I was in the market for one, none of the colors appeal to me.

I'd be interested in a deeper red like Mystic Red, deep brown like mahogany, Sea Foam Pearl is really exciting, a maroon red, Jade Pearl was an awesome color. But the current color line up does nothing for me.

Pau Ferro doesn't really excite me either, mostly because some of them look so light in color. I'm sure it functions well and could probably be dyed darker with a tinted fretboard oil.

And they changed from CTS pots to Chinese pots? Bad move there. I tend to replace pots anyway, though.

22 frets? Meh. 21 is plenty for me.

AlNiCo 5 pickups? Probably a good move! I tend to replace pickups also, though.

All in all, the new lineup is boring to me. (THANKFULLY!)

Maybe the 2019 models will have some truly interesting colors?

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
    hellopike likes this.
  11. moosie

moosie Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

12. moosie

Big surprise, I'm not interested in any of these new offerings.

Does this line also replace the Classic [Lacquer]? Or is that one continuing? That's the closest I come to liking anything below Custom Shop these days, now that AV is gone.

13. DHart

DHart Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Classic lacquer remains in the lineup. But will it smell like cake is the key question! :lol:

14. RoCkstAr256

Maybe in your place or country people are less hardworking. I used to work at local guitar store for short peroid of time and we did CHECK guitars , all of them even we did clean up them. Can;t image big guitar company would send unfinished guitars to the store, i believe customers arent retards who buy stuff blindly. Not everything is perfect but such a huge company wouldnt take a risk to send broken stuff just to recive it back from customers or dealers to repair it back and lose huge amount of money. Especially now Fender has its time, Gibson is somehow company we can complain about.

15. claes

claes Tele-Afflicted

They know this line is for people that actually plat the instrument. All the above stuff they make is for collecting dentists....

hellopike likes this.
  16. AndrewG

AndrewG Friend of Leo's

CTS pots have been made China/Taiwan for a long time now. You'll be lucky to find any guitar-related hardware which isn't, frankly, and that includes Grover tuners. To be honest, aside from the cost, I can't imagine why a pot made in China would be any better or worse than one made anywhere else. It either works or it doesn't.

AAT65 and hellopike like this.
  17. RoCkstAr256

I have CTS pots

https://ibb.co/fSZ94o

PHOTO

18. John C

John C Friend of Leo's

This line replaces the Standard line - continuing Fender's recent MO of changing up long-standing names when they update a series.

19. moosie

Easy there...

Fender's alright, though perhaps not always.

The laughing comment was mostly directed at GC, and the idea of quality control there. Definitely not been my experience.

20. RoCkstAr256

I have heard about it, maybe not every guitar center. Saw many bad opinions but mostly about USA guitar center

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.