New Fender models in 2023

Twang Deluxe

Tele-Afflicted
Hello everyone,

I'm guessing which new Fender models will be introduced in 2023. What do you think? There is no big anniversary like two years ago (70 years Telecaster)...

tfarny

Poster Extraordinaire
I don't know, it's all been done before so many times. Whichever side of the vintage / modern specs coin they are currently on, you can bet they will flip it all within a year or two and go the other way for a couple years, along with slight color updates and price increases. And they will tout "increased sustain" no matter what minor tweak is made.

Skydog1010

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
Touting the virtues of basswood.
I dig that, having made a fortune by buying Squire Strat SE's and refurbishing them in a variety of configurations.
IMG_20180623_000436_384.jpg
My uneducated guess would be an expansion of the Squire offerings, more FSR runs from Mexico, high-end CS RI models and limited edition - signature models from the USA - but, my crystal ball has been broken for decades.

I concentrated my efforts using Squire Strat Models, the Telecaster didn't get much attention since a Squire Affinity Tele was pretty dang good as is off the wall of a Pawn Shop or yard sale. Sorry my crystal ball went black when asked about the models of Telecasters.

Maybe more experiments like this.
DSCN0460.jpg

Happy Enchilada

Friend of Leo's
Switch to the OTHER Fenders - G&L.
Better craftsmanship.
More bang for your bongo bucks.
Or get one of these:
1662474995777.png

Schecter PT Special.
Single coil bridge/P90 neck (tasty!)
Swamp ash body.
Tummy and forearm cuts.
Bound body and neck.
GraphTech nut.
Lockers.
$699 brand spankin' new every day
(Yeah, it comes in other colors too)

SixStringSlinger

Poster Extraordinaire
Me too. This would be really amazing if they would make one with vintage specs (original bridge design and without a skunk stripe) instead of making countless modern versions of the Strat or the Tele.

I’m not too concerned about the hardware. I’d like one with the original wiring scheme vs the simplified 3-way toggle switching of the Alternate Reality one, but really I’d be happy with whatever they put out that I can mod to my taste.

spupilup

Tele-Meister
If this is any indication of what Fender has in store for us, I'm frightened.

A made in Mexico Joe Strummer Telecaster for $1799 with a gig bag. Wow, I just saw the thread in the Telecaster forum and can't believe how expensive new Fender gear is. For perspective, I bought an AO '50's Tele back in 2018 for a little over $1500, total. I thought it was crazy that they currently sell for $2150, if you can even find one. Now, a MIM Tele for $1800? Anyone want to guess if we'll make it to 2024 before the first limited edition MIM guitars break through the $2000 price point?