New Fender "Mini" Travel sized acoustics.

studio1087

Telefied
Ad Free Member
One model is 3/4 scale and the other is 1/2 scale.

Scalloped bracing.

I like parlors and I like mini's. The Fenders only cost $199 with a nice gig bag. I think that between travel, just liking smaller acoustics and kids this could be a hit.

https://www.fender.com/en-US/acoustic-guitars/other/redondo-mini-with-bag/0970710121.html

I'm an odd duck in that I love big old dreads but I also like small acoustics for thinking and writing. $199 with a solid top and bag. Not bad.

StoneH

Tele-Holic
Gold Supporter
One model is 3/4 scale and the other is 1/2 scale.

Scalloped bracing.

I like parlors and I like mini's. The Fenders only cost $199 with a nice gig bag. I think that between travel, just liking smaller acoustics and kids this could be a hit.

https://www.fender.com/en-US/acoustic-guitars/other/redondo-mini-with-bag/0970710121.html

I'm an odd duck in that I love big old dreads but I also like small acoustics for thinking and writing. $199 with a solid top and bag. Not bad.

I'd trade my Backpacker in a second.

Chud

Poster Extraordinaire
I get that they're part of the California series that has the 6 inline strat headstock, but kind of an odd choice for a travel acoustic IMHO where smaller is better. Pretty cool though. I have an early 90's San Luis Rey dread (also a fan of big dreads and jumbos) that was actually my first acoustic bought new in '93 I think. Pretty sure it's a photo finish, but it's definitely aged well over the last 30 years and still gets played.

HotRodSteve

Poster Extraordinaire
The 3/4 mahogany sounds great and looks like an excellent party/campout/beater guitar. If some drunk sat on it and destroyed it the world wouldn't end. The 1/2 models just look too small.

fidopunk

Tele-Holic
Gold Supporter
I like it but played a bunch of similar acoustics just last week-- what I noticed was how often I reached for access above the 12th fret and how this type of guitar limited it. Had I not had that experience, I probably would've already ordered one of these.

studio1087

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I have two Martin LXMs and one Baby Taylor. They all start at $349. I have a couple parlors. Larrivees are up to $1200. If indeed the Fender has a solid top then it’s a steal.

tap4154

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
Those look very cool, but I suspect they are not solid top. The description only says spruce top and mahogany sides. Most of the time if it's solid they will tell you in the description, because it's a selling point.