New fender env filter pedal , Josh Smith demo

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by 57fenderstrat, Nov 11, 2019.

1. 57fenderstrat

57fenderstrat Tele-Meister

lefty73 likes this.
  2. 57fenderstrat

Sounds pretty good , I kinda wish there was random/sample and hold sound. Price doesn’t look bad either. I’m glad Fender is getting some good pedals out there !

3. lefty73

lefty73 Tele-Afflicted

I just... can't. It sounds great (it helps that Josh is, well, Josh). It looks like it has useful, well-thought out controls. The price is really fair.

I guess I'm just not into that kind of funk.

57fenderstrat likes this.
  4. 57fenderstrat

Haha yeah he could make anything sound good. With an effect like that I think it’s one of those things that you shouldn’t over use but it has its places. I once played in funky bands and would have liked something like this as an option to get away from the wah pedal but it would get old fast if you used it for every song

5. telel6s

telel6s Tele-Afflicted

I liked how the demo showed some of the things you can do with an envelope filter outside of the typical funk/wah sounds.

Not sure if the distortion section does anything for me. There's nothing special about it and it doesn't have any tone control. Plus, I would think that most people buying this likely already have dirt pedals that they're happy with. Sweetwater currently has these for $129. Without the distortion circuit, maybe they could drive the price closer to $100? Or maybe the distortion is just a cheap add-on for Fender that it wouldn't really change the consumer price.

57fenderstrat likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.