New Fender Deluxe and Twin 100% Digital....

Discussion in 'Modeling Amps, Plugins and Apps' started by KnopflerStyle, Jul 18, 2019.

1. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

I can’t wait to try em’.
    I bet I own one fairly soon.
    I’ll wait till I find one on CL for what I can/will pay.
    I almost never buy new stuff, but I’m intrigued by the Twin.

MisterZ, DHart and MilwMark like this.
  2. claes

claes Tele-Holic

I've been waiting for this in some way. Been writing for years that all I want is a twin in a can. Meaning I want a light hybrid amp that only does one amp but does it perfect.
    But they just can't resist the idea to be able to do all tweeds and blackface and vox and Marshall at the same time. ANd they end up doing everything so so.
    And yes, I want the exact interface to (buttons). Actually I want a tweed 57, that sounds exactly like that amp with both bright and normal channel.

But at this prices I expect quality...

A deluxe or at twin is pointless in an apartment. Maybe this can give the real thing at lower level...and being lighter.

Maybe this is the time to ditch tubes ones and for all. The parallell with synth software was intresting.

Lets wait and see before we start trowing rocks :D

MilwMark, scelestus and tlsmack like this.
  3. Vizcaster

Vizcaster Poster Extraordinaire

I had a cyber deluxe and enjoyed it although it took a lot of tinkering to dial in the presets (which I guess was half the fun of it). The cyber twin had a feature of little servo motors spinning the knobs to arrive at your preset. The cyber deluxe had really useful clean options so for instance plugging an acoustic guitar into it did not sound as bad as it would into a regular guitar amp; then you could switch patches and run an electric guitar with an entirely different sound.

On the one hand, a solid state modeling amp can be playable at 'bedroom' levels that just aren't workable with a valve amp. On the other hand, solid state wattage just doesn't have the same real world capability.

I'm curious to see where the market has evolved and whether these amps will be well received. I would think that a multi-effects pedal with preset patches, and an amp that works well with it, would work just as well. Wait, really, Line6 already thought of that?

4. -Hawk-

-Hawk- Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

If they used all the processing power on one amp model, then it doesn’t have very much processing power. Nice marketing talking point though.

JD0x0 and tlsmack like this.
  5. BorderRadio

BorderRadio Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Nah, no thanks. Looks good though, just too much money and I already have a DRRI.

6. Northern Tele

Northern Tele Tele-Meister

I visited the Fender site...so many mis-steps. Ugly guitars,digital amps that arent cheap and most definitely made in China. How do they intend to compete with Roland in this area? ..I see bankruptcy in the near future.looks like they are trying to target younger,urban generation..sorry they have no money to spend.

7. backporchmusic

backporchmusic Friend of Leo's

$399? Good chance I'd be in. But not at what is a tube amp price, regardless of performance.

Money being equal, I will likely buy tubes until I find an amp that behaves the exact same way sonic-ly but is lighter and more reliable.

Maybe one of you early adopters can sway us.

8. tlsmack

tlsmack Tele-Afflicted

I think Fender has a great concept here, but they have priced these amps way too high. I love the features: simple and familiar controls, light weight, power scaling, DI with selectable cab sim. I suppose the name and styling add a premium to the pricing.

Hard for me shell out that kind of money. I have my Katana 50 dialed in with a Joyo American Sound, sounds very Fendery! Buy for someone tired of lugging that twin around, maybe The Tonemaster is a winner.

9. LunarSlingShot

LunarSlingShot Tele-Meister

Can buy a real DR used for the price of this amp....... nah.

10. beninma

beninma Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

It’s a good concept and if I try one and loved it and couldn’t tell it apart from the real version while playing I could be interested if I actually needed to buy an amp.

But the only things this really gets me over the real one is lighter weight and an attenuator.

I would be way happier if they were announcing new tube versions of these 2 amps with built in attenuators/power scaling and master volume.

burntfrijoles and EsquireBoy like this.
  11. bftfender

bftfender Friend of Leo's

There is 1 thing about digital not so good with..i depend on the speaker being part of the tone equation..vs slamming the neutral speaker with all pre set tone arrangements..older ears..just relate to older gear maybe .. i am ok with any way someone gets to their tone needed. Just have took a journey to my tone needed for an original band over the years. I dont have to have 20 dif bands sounds ready to go to pull off a show.Cover players are asked to do a lot out of their gear. Glad for the choices..old new..what a great time to be a guitarist..if anything too many choices vs the old days of lets go,,rag tag bunch a guys with whatever gear mom & pop shop had making sum noise..

12. Fenderslinger

Fenderslinger Tele-Meister

So I just ordered the DR though a friend at fender! :D

I'll update you all when it comes in (release date is currently 9/24)

13. gridlock

gridlock Friend of Leo's

Congrats to Fender for a great old-school/new-school and innovative idea.

I’m happy with my vintage tube amps and and I doubt that these amps would interest me, but I can see gigging Musician’s and younger generation guitarists being interested.

Evidently these amps may very be popular, just posted earlier today, and already over 50 responses.

MilwMark and bftfender like this.
  14. drf64

drf64 Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Early adopter. You, sir, drive markets.

Fenderslinger likes this.
  15. strat a various

strat a various Friend of Leo's

So, Cyber-Twin, Cyber-Deluxe with traditional controls on the front? If you know you'll never learn to repair or maintain a tube amp, and don't need or understand the "feel" of tubes, this is just what the Dr ordered, right? Price is reasonable and it's like light weight. Maybe it'll free up some old tube amps into the used market, that'd be cool.

16. EsquireBoy

EsquireBoy Tele-Meister

Because there is so much marketing BS everywhere nowadays, I always find very difficult to determine wether or not a product is overpriced.
    The fact it is not tube circuitry does not necessarily mean that it is cheaper to produce. The fact it is made overseas does not mean it is of lower quality either: in China, like everywhere else, you can ask for many different levels of build quality.

But all that being said, these amps could still be overpriced: I honestly could not tell. I guess, in the end and as always, it depends on what one is willing to pay for that particular product. And, as far as I can tell looking at the Fender website, the specs seem really interesting on these two.
    I think that more than ever it is the kind of gear you have to take the time to try by yourself before you buy, so that you can determine wether or not it is worth it.

cowie86 likes this.
  17. Fenderslinger

This forum is bankrupting me! :lol:

Durtdog, Lawdawg and drf64 like this.
  18. Blrfl

Blrfl Tele-Holic

Yeah, never seen that before... *COUGH* Roland Blues Cube *COUGH* 2014 *COUGH*

Hammerhead likes this.
  19. Nickfl

Nickfl Tele-Afflicted

Good point, although to be fair, tube amps don't actually need them either...

20. Fenderslinger

It turns the speaker off when you want silent recording or inner ear monitoring using the xlr/cab sim output.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.