New Fender Deluxe and Twin 100% Digital....

Discussion in 'Modeling Amps, Plugins and Apps' started by KnopflerStyle, Jul 18, 2019.

1. fender4life

fender4life Friend of Leo's

Actually the feedback is caused by the sound waves from speaker exciting the strings which is why moving it around causes it to change one way of the other. Thats why the louder the amp the easier it is to get feedback and why people tend to stick the guitar strings first in front of the speaker.

2. ASATKat

ASATKat Tele-Afflicted

That's the physical action, a feedback loop. But that is not what great players do. Getting the string to vibrate is just the first step, the next step is moving around to ring out other tones in the "harmonic series".

Maybe look up the harmonic series. Good stuff.

3. Jilusaco

Jilusaco NEW MEMBER!

Back to pretend tube amps. I am amazed at what a full grown man can convince himself of. I too at 63 am getting to old to pack the things I used to. I played and packed a 65 Pro Reverb for years. Then packed a Mesa Boogie Lone Star Special. (Real Heavy). Added a Deluxe Reverb RI and just recently added a Blues Jr. Then someone put up a 96 Pro Sonic for sale at a good price. My tube amps range from 85 lbs to 31 lbs. I use them because I like how they sound. I will pack the one that fills the bill for what I'm doing, even if I have to use a two wheeler or get help. All my amps except the reissue I have bought used and can get my money back or more anytime. You can make music with solid state and if you can play well you can gather a crowd with any amp. I don't play tube for the listeners, I play it for me. I love the smell of a tube amp played hard. You can almost toast bread on the back of my ProSonic. My Mesa has smoked twice while performing. The first time under warranty the second on my dime. I had it fixed and play on because I love it. If you can convince yourself that a S.S. amp at 1 large sounds like a tube amp buy one. They don't smell right for me to give that for them. When the big boys start lining the stages behind them with solid states instead of Marshalls & Fenders I might try them, but I'm probably gonna have to have a can of hot tube smell to rub on the back of them!

Euphonica likes this.
  4. Lef T

Lef T Tele-Holic

5. ASATKat

ASATKat Tele-Afflicted

Pretend? Dude, I've made my carreer with music since ''72, have taught since '89 and have played since '64. I'm 65.

I have a Katana, I love my Kat, please don't say to the world that I'm playing a pretend amp. It's just not cool. It's an attempt to one-up everyone and that's way uncool and wrong.

Let's have a friendly musician/amp showdown, I post me, you post you, here for everyone to hear?

If someone says they like their gear and you don't agree, just chill, or constructively critque and chill on criticism please.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
  6. Jilusaco

Jilusaco NEW MEMBER!

I did not say it was a pretend amp. I said it was a pretend tube amp. I like tube amps because they are imperfect. They change with effects with time with temp. with the wiring in a building a lot of things make them sound different. Solid state is precise, perfect, dead on every time. I like the character of tubes. It's kind of like riding a horse with some attitude. I like the fact that as tubes wear it changes. And when I change tubes it may sound better than it ever has. or just not be right and have to make changes. I did not mean to offend anyone. I was just saying it is not for me. I bought a modeling amp once by convincing myself in the store that it would work for me. By the second or third day at home I decided it would not. But in reality when it comes down to it the amp S.S. or tube does not mean near as much as the chops. Sorry again if I hurt feelings.

Euphonica likes this.
  7. Fred Rogers

Fred Rogers Tele-Afflicted

Some people are just not going to be open to these Tone Master amps. That's cool! They are not going to appeal to everybody, but I get the vibe that some players might be equating tube amps with masculinity. As if playing a modeling or SS isn't manly.

Am I wrong? Is it just me?.... Oh my...I am feeling like my manhood is vulnerable. Oh I'm now going to go get a pint of Ben & Jerry's and watch Lifetime movies!

MilwMark likes this.
  8. Lef T

Lef T Tele-Holic

I truly believe it's just you.

Fred Rogers likes this.
  9. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

I just wonder what the other people on the elevator are thinking, when I step in with an SS amp :oops:

MilwMark, Rowdyman and Fred Rogers like this.
  10. Fred Rogers

Fred Rogers Tele-Afflicted

They are thinking SS amp players are like Tofu eaters! Real men eat meat and tubes!

MilwMark likes this.
  11. Lef T

Lef T Tele-Holic

I get it.
    It would be really hard to tell what they're thinking.
    You can't see their eyes because their heads are all bowed down in embarrassment.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
    Euphonica likes this.
  12. codamedia

codamedia Friend of Leo's

I don't choose my amps by smell, I choose them by tone. I have tube amps, SS amps and modelers. I don't need convincing, THEY ARE ALL GOOD!

Don't believe everything you see ;)

Lef T likes this.
  13. Frodebro

Frodebro Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Pot, meet kettle. :lol:

MilwMark and Nubs like this.
  14. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

Why stop at tube amps? :lol:

15. ASATKat

ASATKat Tele-Afflicted

I want
    I want to hear you play. Second request.

16. Nubs

Nubs Tele-Afflicted

I dunno man, when you start calling SS amps "pretend tube amps", you're gonna piss off a lot of people. It sounds very arrogant and like you're looking down at SS amps for being inferior.

Then trying to reel it back in by using the trusty old "didn't mean to offend anyone".

Yes you did.

You totally meant to offend with that comment, else why say it? Coulda just said, "I like tube amps because of X, Y, & Z" but instead you fired a little verbal jab at those who like SS amps to assert your tube dominance.

Sorry man, but I don't believe you. Being a noob with only 2 posts, that's not the best first impression.

17. ASATKat

ASATKat Tele-Afflicted

You need some definitions.
    All digital amps have some solid state. But not all solid state amps are digital.

Solid state uses things like transistors to make their tone. Digital amps use computer algorhythms.
    Night and day.

https://www.sweetwater.com/insync/whats-the-difference-between-solid-state-and-digital-guitar-amps/

18. Frodebro

Frodebro Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Virtue signaling is popular these days.

codamedia likes this.
  19. Lef T

Lef T Tele-Holic

Today,I went to my local mom n pop shop to try out the TM twin.
    I'm back from my demo.
    I started out by carrying the Twin from the showroom,up some stairs and to a back room where I could let it rip.
    I was all smiles carrying a 33lb. combo.
    I played my Tele through it clean,attenuated,with reverb,without,with tremelo and without.
    I started at 85 watts on the effects channel and it sounded very nice.
    I tried the non effects channel and it was maybe just a tad fatter than the effects channel.
    I liked the 45 watt setting with the volume turned up.
    Gave me just a little bit of crunch.
    Very good.
    I tried a Blues Driver into the front end as that's a pedal I'm familiar with.
    Sounded really good.
    Tried a Boss OD 20 on various settings and that was also excellent.
    I couldn't find a fault with anything about the amp.
    I didn't purchase the amp today,but I believe I will purchase a Twin shortly.
    I think this amp is perfect for the guy who needs a lightweight amp to haul around.
    It makes a perfect pedal platform amp.
    It's got that nice,muscular sound of a Twin which I like.
    I like lots of clean headroom and this amp has that in spades.
    Five years ago I was hauling around a TRRi,but sold it as it was just too heavy to be schlepping
    around.
    I think the TM Twin will be a winner for Fender.

Bristlehound, nosuch, MisterZ and 2 others like this.
  20. 1300 E Valencia

1300 E Valencia Friend of Leo's

Once again, it won't work with the attenuator because the attenuator lowers the overall loudness.
    Feedback requires playing loud, or, at least loud enough and at the right frequencies to induce feedback between the guitar pickups and the speaker.

The lower the volume you're playing at, the more you need to fine-tune the frequencies in order to get speaker/pickup feedback.

At low volume, you need to really boost the mids for speaker/pickup feedback. The reason you get squealing is too much boosting of the highs.

Too much boosting of low frequencies smears and covers up everything else and tends to either stop speaker/pickup feedback or you get feedback only in the bass, which takes up a lot more energy than midrange feedback. You run out of energy, the feedback stops.

Like a lot of stuff in guitar-land, it's the mids, man!

MilwMark likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.