1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

New Fender Bassbreaker series?

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by deadbeat son, Oct 23, 2015.

1. deytookerjaabs

deytookerjaabs Friend of Leo's

Hmm, hard to tell from cell phone demos with whackuhchuck playing but it I'm guessing these are going to sound not too far from the Peavey classic series. That video makes it sound like a peavey classic from what little I can gather.

2. tele12

tele12 Friend of Leo's

I agree. Doesn't seem to make sense for a 30 and 45 watt 212.
    The 18/30 in 112 seems like it would be a home run, sits right in between a Blues Jr and a Hot Rod Deluxe.

3. tealsixtysix

tealsixtysix Tele-Meister

AC30 is a 2x12. The 18/30's dimensions are very close. (Plus 4xEL84 and all that.)

I don't know if that means it was a good idea to go with 2 speakers, but that was probably Fender's line of thinking.

4. dmagalhaes

dmagalhaes TDPRI Member

Looking forward to picking up a 45 watt 212 on Craigslist in the near future.

5. Unadan

Unadan Tele-Holic

Doubtful you'll find any of these on CL anytime soon.

6. bparnell57

bparnell57 Poster Extraordinaire

I say 6 months.

7. Jushden

Jushden Tele-Meister

I'm def interested in this amp. Hoping the early reviews are positive and it's reliable.

8. twangjeff

twangjeff Tele-Afflicted

Is it just me or does it seem in these videos that there is very little tone difference in the various pickup selections?

9. bparnell57

bparnell57 Poster Extraordinaire

They changed pickup settings??? Well I guess they're reliable sounding amps....

I hate how it seems fender is targeting the peavey classic series, the Marshall sound, and even the AC30 (18/30 2x12) with this line.

Stick to the classics fender. That or do a good job. As far as I'm concerned the last quality dirt channel to come from fender was the Prosonic.

10. Abu Twangy

Abu Twangy Friend of Leo's

In some ways maybe a bit like a Machete for the masses. At least it is not as radical a departure for Fender as the Metalhead line of ten years ago--500 SS watts through a 4X12 or two. :lol:

11. Halitele

Halitele TDPRI Member

2 12ax7 in preamp and one el84 in power section. I heard one short demo. Seems like they may be going for a baseman blues breaker sound a la Clapton beano. Seems fair as we all know where Marshall got his inspiration from.

12. radiocaster

radiocaster Poster Extraordinaire

Marshall needs to retaliate with the Bluesman series with ugly tweed and 6L6s.

1961mojo and tinearjones like this.
  13. howlin

howlin Tele-Afflicted

Something "fishy" about the name. Not sure what it is . . . :D

14. DannyStereo

DannyStereo Poster Extraordinaire

Got a chance to play a Tele through a 007 Combo the other day. Gotta say, I really liked it. The tone knobs are really responsive, and the tone is clear and present, albeit a little small sounding (the thing is pretty small, physically). The stock Celestion actually sounds really good.

Having a mid knob on this circuit is a must, nice job Fender. Not sure if anyone has mentioned yet, but they are MIM.

The Line Out is a huge bonus for those of us who like to plug into a PA or record at home.

15. Hammerhead

Hammerhead Tele-Meister

Not sure how these are going to sound like a Blackface with EL84s onboard...

16. DannyStereo

They don't, IMO. That seems more like a marketing tool

But that's not to say they don't sound nice and punchy!

17. Wyatt

Wyatt Tele-Afflicted

People but way too much stock in power tube type for Fender vs Vox vs Marshall. While PI design and power tube selection can affect the overall feel of the amp, the dominant voice of the amp comes first and foremost from the preamp design.

You could build a EL84 Deluxe Reverb and I doubt anyone would be able to notice just by hearing it (the guitarist may notice a difference in headroom, response, etc.). There is a real world example: those who have played the original EL84 6G9 Tremolux say it sounds near identical to the 6L6 6G9-A/B versions...just with lower headroom.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
  18. deadbeat son

deadbeat son Tele-Afflicted

I agree. Whenever I see someone saying their Blues Junior drive is "Voxy," I have to assume they've never played through a cranked AC15/AC30.

19. DannyStereo

+1

20. DrewP

DrewP TDPRI Member

Played the 7 watter

I was in GC to get a feel for the 50s round Les Paul necks and the salesperson plugged it into a little amp that was there with other amps. I could not believe how great this sounded. I don't care what it looks like (looked good to me) or what parts are in it, all I know this this sounded huge and bluesy and thick when desired. It was unbelievable what came out of this amp. Me and others were in awe. No need for reverb on this with the beautiful tone., This thing sings. I can sort of emulate it with a zen drive clone (CBDPedals - "the drive") and a SS Roland 80GX, though not airy sounding and not the exact feel. I would buy a larger model, but since it is tubes, I rather practice on a smaller one using up only three tubes. I really would have liked to buy it at this GC since they were so nice but I traded in some stuff at Sam Ash who for trades were easier to deal with in the past and present than this store. These amps as of this date are not easy to come buy, so the Sam Ash store ordered me one from warehouse stock. Do I need another amp, no not at all. Did this amps feel contribute to how I played, yes much so. Did I have to have it, yes. I also tried it with a Fender tele pro with one HB in the bridge and I hated the sound (the guitar just happened to be there), nothing special with the Fender, but with a Les Paul, oh boy, amazing. I just bought the Roland for practice and jamming after noting that many blues guys in New Orleans use them, and I heard what they sound with ZEN overdrive. But after playing with the Bassbreaker, I have to have one, for me and personal enjoyment. It is expensive, and the higher wattage ones are a better deal, but for practice and taking up little space it is great. I might buy a larger one this year if I fear that they may not continue to make them. All I can say it you have to try one of these with a Les Paul.

savofenno likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.