New-era Hagstrom Super Vikings. Anyone have experience?

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by buster poser, May 28, 2021.

1. buster poser

buster poser Friend of Leo's Platinum Supporter

There's a nice one on consignment at my local store at what seems like a fair price ($700 USD, new was around $950?) given its condition. Not sure on electronics, but it's got a well-adjusted Bigsby which I don't think was a factory option.

It's in 'Dandy Dandelion:' https://www.hagstromguitars.com/electric-guitars/super-viking.html

The setup on it is great, put my Tele to shame and I thought I'd dialed 'er in pretty well. Sounded alright through a Tonemaster they had plugged in and on, but I was really evaluating feel, which again was pretty amazing.

I played a burst one a lot like it in the 70s, friend's old man had one and was gracious with it. I have no experience with the brand since they've been mfr'd in China and that gives me a little pause, but it felt pretty great and was in good nick.

Any thoughts welcome and appreciated.

2. Donny Osmond fan

Donny Osmond fan Tele-Afflicted

Made in Muse factory. They make Washburn, Oscar Schmidt, Jay Turser, Bootleg brand amps and guitars and others. Hagstrom's are great quality and I love them. The single cut rocks. The new ones are reissues of what one of my favorite singers played. Elvis played one. I want it but it is expensive.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

buster poser likes this.
  3. Donny Osmond fan

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

buster poser and brookdalebill like this.
  4. buster poser

buster poser Friend of Leo's Platinum Supporter

Nice, thanks for the follow ups! It was sold before I visited a week later, but I did snag a pic the day I played it. Someone really took care of it. I played the Revstar and the G&L Tele on the sides of it too ($1500 lol), but both were vastly inferior to the Hagstrom imo.

upload_2021-6-17_16-43-32.png

5. Donny Osmond fan

I would have bought it. Great quality from the Muse factory.

buster poser likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.