1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

New Electric/Acoustic Day

Discussion in 'Acoustic Heaven' started by Boomhauer, Feb 27, 2021.

1. Boomhauer

Boomhauer Friend of Leo's

[​IMG]

That's right, a Recording King RPS-7-E - 7th gen Dirty Thirties parlor with a goldfoil pickup.

I'd owned a first-gen Dirty Thirties years ago, but the neck began lifting away from the body and actually taking the binding with it...a repair that's substantially more involved than a "simple" neck reset.

The new one has a few small upgrades compared to the first gen - bound soundhole, Ping slotted tuners, trussrod adjustment at the heel. The sound is overall more jangly and bright than the first gen as well, which had more of a boxy or chunky sound.

I almost passed on it because it sounded so lifeless inside the guitar store. Though, I was playing it right next to the humidifier which generated a ton of white noise, and playing it electrified through a super-clean acoustic amp. I went back a few weeks later and tried it again, after the guitar wouldn't leave my head. And I gotta say, it sounds a lot cooler through a slightly dirty amp.

2. 985plowboy

985plowboy Friend of Leo's

Baton Rouge GC had one on sale last summer. Some dinglenuts had stolen the pickup off it. I played it. It has a certain vibe.
    Rock on.
    And tell that dog he’s not in trouble. Looks so guilty.

Stubee and Boomhauer like this.
  3. 1 21 gigawatts

1 21 gigawatts Tele-Holic

The Dirty Thirties do have a cool vibe to them.

Boomhauer likes this.
  4. Boomhauer

Boomhauer Friend of Leo's

That's not guilt, that's a combination of "Can I have a treat?" and "Why'd you put this noise box next to me? What's next, you're gonna try to sing?" :lol:

985plowboy likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.