New Electric/Acoustic Day

Discussion in 'Acoustic Heaven' started by Boomhauer, Feb 27, 2021.

1. Boomhauer

Boomhauer Friend of Leo's

[​IMG]

That's right, a Recording King RPS-7-E - 7th gen Dirty Thirties parlor with a goldfoil pickup.

I'd owned a first-gen Dirty Thirties years ago, but the neck began lifting away from the body and actually taking the binding with it...a repair that's substantially more involved than a "simple" neck reset.

The new one has a few small upgrades compared to the first gen - bound soundhole, Ping slotted tuners, trussrod adjustment at the heel. The sound is overall more jangly and bright than the first gen as well, which had more of a boxy or chunky sound.

I almost passed on it because it sounded so lifeless inside the guitar store. Though, I was playing it right next to the humidifier which generated a ton of white noise, and playing it electrified through a super-clean acoustic amp. I went back a few weeks later and tried it again, after the guitar wouldn't leave my head. And I gotta say, it sounds a lot cooler through a slightly dirty amp.

2. 985plowboy

985plowboy Friend of Leo's

Baton Rouge GC had one on sale last summer. Some dinglenuts had stolen the pickup off it. I played it. It has a certain vibe.
    Rock on.
    And tell that dog he’s not in trouble. Looks so guilty.

Stubee and Boomhauer like this.
  3. 1 21 gigawatts

1 21 gigawatts Tele-Afflicted

The Dirty Thirties do have a cool vibe to them.

Boomhauer likes this.
  4. Boomhauer

Boomhauer Friend of Leo's

That's not guilt, that's a combination of "Can I have a treat?" and "Why'd you put this noise box next to me? What's next, you're gonna try to sing?" :lol:

985plowboy likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.