New Eagles

schmee

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Another vote for Felder! But hey, they run a tight ship and always sound great.

wabashslim

Friend of Leo's
There are people who can sing as well as Vince Gill, but none of them can play guitar as well as he can.

There are guitarists who can play as well as Vince Gill, but none of them can sing as well as he can.
So is Vince taking Felder's guitar parts AND Frey's vocal parts? He's certainly capable.

Who is now Eagles Inc? There were three, two voted the other one out, now there is one. Is Henley now the sole dictator of this mighty corporation?

Togman

Tele-Afflicted
I'm looking forward to seeing them in June of this year when they perform in London UK. As a bonus, Robert Plant, Alison Krauss and Little Big Town are on the same bill.

1641669359432.png

Pcs264

Tele-Meister
Yeah, a new album with great songs would be the ticket. New band, same songs ... yawn

Yeah, it might be nice, but it's been 46 years since a new album with great songs happened (Hotel California in 1976). I'm not holding my breath.

Last edited:

BFcaster

Tele-Meister
This is tricky.
Old bands from way-back-when that try to come up with new music seem to try and still sound like they did back then (or else they wouldn't be "The XXXXX"). The problem happens in that they didn't evolve from playing and touring constantly. The Rolling Stones kept at it after the 80s spat/hiatus, and IMHO have evolved and still do good things. Their sound and music is still theirs no matter what/how they play. This Eagles version may be too late, if ya get my meaning. We'll see I guess.

kctelegas

TDPRI Member
With Glenn gone maybe they could get Felder back?? Not that Stuart isn't a great player, he is, but it's a shame they're paying him to be somebody else while the original is languishing.

"...I was a little nervous about giving up a lot of freedom...even the solos... you've got a guy out there playing air guitar--CORRECTLY..."

AAT65

Poster Extraordinaire
What's new? The Felder replacement guy gone?
I'm.pretty sure Steuart Smith will be playing with the Eagles again this year, as he has done since Don Felder got the heave-ho, but he is officially not an Eagle (& is apparently quite happy with it that way).

jrblue

Friend of Leo's
Watching one of their career retrospectives I was surprised by how "pop" so much of their output has been. It's smooth and polished, full of hooks and a fair degree of obviousness and predictability, and really works for the mainstream while even giving cranbks like me something to like in the mix. I guess that's an accomplishment, but I wouldn't call it a creative or musical accomplishment. For bands of that age and history, fans want the familiar songs. I new album is probably a detriment in the setlist, though it does give a certain "still breathing" cred. Vince Gill is a great asset since he can outsing and outplay everyone else in the band. Tbhey're working on the Lynyrd Skynyrd/Iron Maiden Guitar Orchestra model.