New Drummer Time again!

Discussion in 'Band Wagon' started by String Tree, Feb 22, 2020.

1. String Tree

String Tree Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Lost our Drummer of many years due to Family issues.
    He left in style and with a lot of class.

Now, whadda we do?

After many auditions and a lot of consideration, we are splitting the duty between two Drummers.
    Turns out they know each other and are good friends.

Both of them like our Band but, they have other Irons in the Fire and simply can't be available for everything we have coming up.
    By splitting it up, we have everything covered.
    Crazy.

I feel like Tom Hanks in Castaway when he sees the outhouse door fly open in the wind: This could Work!

2. Randypttt

Randypttt Friend of Leo's

Sounds like it could be a logistical nightmare. But among friends all things are possible. As long as you're rockin.

I was drumming in a band for a former guitar student of mine and we could never keep bass players for some reason.

It seemed easier to find drummers to sub so I filled in on bass. At one point they wanted me to take the bass chair but I was using borrowed stuff. So we kept on like that til I got tired of it. I was at it 3 yrs and over 50.
    It enabled them to find other guys younger and into it.
    Worked out well.
    Good luck man!
    Cheers (from long winded old guy)

tah1962, kuvash and String Tree like this.
  3. Clive Hugh

Clive Hugh Tele-Afflicted

Facing a similar situation, we have a hobby, fun band and didn’t gig a lot so our drummer got asked to play for another band that play out a lot and as he needed the money went with it, now he’s over committed and we are getting gigs we were not chasing so we have to find someone else. Pity as we are all good friends.

String Tree likes this.
  4. String Tree

String Tree Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

So far, so good.
    Hope it continues like this.
    We have Drummer #1 through The second Thursday of April. After that, full speed ahead with Drummer #2.

5. ravindave_3600

ravindave_3600 Friend of Leo's

I'm in that situation, but with my bass player - he's having a good time with the other guys and I wish him nothing but the best... but where am I going to find another bass player I LOVE?

6. tah1962

tah1962 Friend of Leo's

I’m a drummer and a guitar player. I agree with the above that it’s harder to find bass players. The last band I was in lasted for a little over 10 years. I was playing guitar in this band. We only had 2 drummers, but went through 10 bass players in a 10 year period.

ravindave_3600 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.