New DIY Pedal Board

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by jondanger, Jul 4, 2019.

1. jondanger

jondanger Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

I wanted a small board that looks like it belongs in a living room and not a bar, so I threw this together over the last few days. It's just stained pine and about 5 coats of Tru Oil. I hand cut the dovetails, and they came out pretty good. There is one that has more wood filler than I wanted, because I cut the chamfers on the wrong side :oops:. But overall a success I think! The cutouts for the power supply are 1 1/2" furniture cable pass throughs.

It has a PP2+ underneath, so it's nice and quiet. I just picked up the Superdelay last week, and it is a lot of fun. I usually have a DM-2 and a big box DMM on my board, because I like to have a slapback and a long modulated delay available without too much knob twisting. I was hopeful that this could cover both of those needs, but knew that nothing sounds exactly like a DMM. The tape mode on this is really pretty pretty pretty pretty close. And the flexibility is nice to have. After using almost exclusively analog delays for years, I forgot how fun a nice pristine delay with a long feedback is.

Here are the photos, friend-os.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. telepraise

telepraise Tele-Afflicted

Nice work Jon Danger! You may have the only hand-dovetailed pedal board in existence, your joints look clean, and it fits the decor nicely. You also have a real quality selection of pedals on it too, not much to want for there.

jondanger likes this.
  3. El Tele Lobo

El Tele Lobo Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Very nice work. I can't imagine anyone not being proud to have one in their living room (or any other room).

jondanger likes this.
  4. TheTruth

TheTruth TDPRI Member

That looks really nice & better than some of my living room furniture.
    I wish I could borrow & try the Honey bee OD someday.. ;)
    Your choice of pedals is also very functional.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.