New Design Proto Build - Sly

preeb

Poster Extraordinaire
Vendor Member
This is going to be a project that will consist of distilling the essentials out of a build, trying to keep the quality and remove anything that is not contributing to best tone and feel.
Goal is to be able to bring extremely high quality into a lower price range and to cut build time schedule.

Model name is Sly and I haven't finalized it completely as of yet but have a pretty good idea how to start the initial proto.

I find this angle interesting because I never brought this factor into consideration... so instead of pushing forward as usual... this time I'm pushing backward, well.. kind of (-;

jvin248

Doctor of Teleocity

+1 Initial concept sounds like a Tele ;)

Please use local, common/non-exotic/no fragile rain forest lumber in your build plan.
It may only cost $20 extra for a "mahogany" body blank than "pine" but the exotic woods have too much ecological baggage associated with them. Not even Pau Fero as a rosewood replacement. Choose local, plentiful, fast growing, and inexpensive woods. Perhaps even limit it to what can be found in the general Home Depot/Lowes/Menards type stores.
Let the craftsmanship shine to get 'the tones'.

Jupiter

Telefied
Silver Supporter

Please use local, common/non-exotic/no fragile rain forest lumber in your build plan.
It may only cost $20 extra for a "mahogany" body blank than "pine" but the exotic woods have too much ecological baggage associated with them. Not even Pau Fero as a rosewood replacement. Choose local, plentiful, fast growing, and inexpensive woods. Perhaps even limit it to what can be found in the general Home Depot/Lowes/Menards type stores.

Standing by for the first guitar made of Mesquite, Palo verde, and Ironwood! It’s gonna be heavy...

preeb

Poster Extraordinaire
Vendor Member

I wish that was doable.
I don't use kiln dried stuff so my lumber is stored already waiting its turn to be used.
None of your above mentioned options are air dried...