Poster Extraordinaire
Vendor Member
IMG_20190711_121744.jpg~original

IMG_20190711_121805.jpg~original

IMG_20190711_121419.jpg~original

IMG_20190711_121355.jpg~original

IMG_20190711_121434.jpg~original

IMG_20190711_121338.jpg~original

Tone and feel are out of this world but i will let you be the judge and post a good video as soon as I can.
Have a wonderful weekend everybody!

Last edited:

Fretnot

TDPRI Member
Great job, Gil! No rest for the wicked...love that you continually work to improve your designs and craft with the player in mind. Rock on!

telechadster

Tele-Meister
Amazing work Gil! True works of art, and super insightful hearing how you're able to adjust to get the tone your looking for! Awesome thread!
Based on your initial thoughts, are you planning on putting these into production in their current state?

preeb

Poster Extraordinaire
Vendor Member
Amazing work Gil! True works of art, and super insightful hearing how you're able to adjust to get the tone your looking for! Awesome thread!
Based on your initial thoughts, are you planning on putting these into production in their current state?

Yes. and also working on a silid body with the same design. It feels "right"

preeb

Poster Extraordinaire
Vendor Member
Great job, Gil! No rest for the wicked...love that you continually work to improve your designs and craft with the player in mind. Rock on!

Thanks B! and you've been a part of this with ideas and opinions which I value a lot my friend.
It's guys like you who dare to break the boundaries and give a chance to new design ideas with an open mind that really get me going.

Deeve

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
I love this background. Now show me yours!
Equally upsetting, I can assure you. . .
No - wait - we're on the internet, so pics, right?

20190712_094436[1].jpg 20190712_094424[1].jpg

And to top it off, there are no museum-quality instruments getting built at my work-station.
Score:
Gil: 2
Deeve: 0

preeb

Poster Extraordinaire
Vendor Member
Ah, I was hoping you would say that...the profile of this body is really "comfortable" to look at. Bravo!
It feels like liquid... Very comfy and natural to hold and play compared to the classic edgy single cuts with binding. The high frets access is effortless as well... Except for the fact I can't have enough of just staring at it (-;

telechadster

Tele-Meister
"Yes. and also working on a silid body with the same design. It feels "right""

Very cool! You thinking it'll include weight relief?

preeb

Poster Extraordinaire
Vendor Member
"Yes. and also working on a silid body with the same design. It feels "right""

Very cool! You thinking it'll include weight relief?
My guitars are always lightweight anyway... But I may offer the Lyra with the same options as the Bone line: solid Mahogany (bone59), Full Paulownia insert (bone-I), horse shoe paylownia insert (bone59H). We'll see.... Need to make time for RND and prototyping... Took 2 years to do those two (-;

Last edited:

telechadster

Tele-Meister
My guitars are always lightweight anyway... But I may offer the Lyra with the same options of the Bone line: solid Mahogany (bone59), Full Paulownia insert (bone-I), horse shoe paylownia insert (bone59H). We'll see.... Need to make time for RND and prototyping... Took 2 years to do those two (-;

Ah interesting to know, time sure seems a lot quicker when your just reading online postings assuming things happen magically overnight! But time well spent! I can relate to the "can't stop staring at them", I get the same way with anything I build let alone something so beautiful. Really can't get over how perfect the design of these are. Truly outstanding!

preeb

Poster Extraordinaire
Vendor Member
Ah interesting to know, time sure seems a lot quicker when your just reading online postings assuming things happen magically overnight! But time well spent! I can relate to the "can't stop staring at them", I get the same way with anything I build let alone something so beautiful. Really can't get over how perfect the design of these are. Truly outstanding!

The thread has been posted in real time and the actual build was rather quick. I reffered to the time it takes to design and finding some free time to do the prototyping. It is sometimes a trade off between running a tight schedule and trying new ideas

preeb

Poster Extraordinaire
Vendor Member
Here's a proper sound clip from Pete Thorn.
No talking (as there has been too much of that already..) just playing through a real amp with close micing (-;
You can hear the cleans in both full and chimey modes plus the light overdrive and solo drive.

Note the tone depth, fullness and how closely those two do the early 335 semi-hollow thing while still retaining the "solidness" needed to push a 59 single cut type creamy drive, also note the difference between the brighter Maple model VS the warmer All Mahogany.

Last edited:

Deeve

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
I know I'm just standing in line to say the same thing as others - wow.
Thanks for sharing your build process.
Peace - Deeve