New CS Telecaster for your purview

MelvonBerum

TDPRI Member
The seller said 2016 as a build date. I got the floor traveler from Fender, just gave them a serial number. They were real nice about it. They were not sklonklish at all.
Some day I will pull the neck and take a picture of the markings and see what pharaohs tomb I might uncover.
I get that it would not be to everyone's taste. It is sort of like playing a nice piece of furniture vs. a painted tele. I really liked the Danny Gatton version and almost pulled the trigger on one of those, but...if they had a Roy Buchanan model, hmmm...(Fender I want 10% if you build one). Best

bcorig

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
Lost in the 909 trying to find my way home

fenderchamp

Friend of Leo's
Sklonkish.. That could be a new tone word... It's sklonkish with splat, sparkle, shimmer, chime, glass, punch, bite and crunch.:)
man... not to derail the sklonklishness of this new/used victorian parlor guitar style CS Tele, but Shirley Temple's daughter Lori (Lorax) Black played bass for the Melvin's for a few years in the early/mid 90s.

1653584228059.png

MelvonBerum

TDPRI Member
man... not to derail the sklonklishness of this new/used victorian parlor guitar style CS Tele, but Shirley Temple's daughter Lori (Lorax) Black played bass for the Melvin's for a few years in the early/mid 90s.

View attachment 987298
Victorian parlor CS Tele; conjurs up some interesting visuals. Getting sklonkedelic with Dubussy (I think he was Victorian) in the dark paneled wood parlor room getting some old wood reverb.
You guys are alright, I don't care what the Gibson forum says about you. o_O

Red Baron

TDPRI Member
Bathroom scale says: 9.8 lbs. Pretty sure it is one piece of rosewood. I see no seams in the body. It is a chunk, maybe slightly heavier than my strat and starcaster.
That weight sounds excessively heavy and might be inaccurate, try weighing yourself holding the guitar, then weigh yourself again without the guitar and subtract to see the difference - this will give you an accurate weight for the guitar.

MelvonBerum

TDPRI Member
Yes, I am amazed at the way the neck feels. I admit it was blind luck re: that feature. I would never had know the difference. There is way more knowledge on this site than I will ever have. Just really enjoy playing it. Ordered some strap locks today based on a recommendation. I want to get a custom strap for it and was debating the locks. I get the recommendation, I don't gig (not good enough) but surely do not want this thing dropping off the strap. I would cry.

Telebra

Tele-Meister
Stunner. One of a kind.

If I was to be hyper-critical, I'd say that it would look better with a modern 6-piece bridge. But that just my opinion, man. It's lovely. And if you love it, that's all that counts.
Wrong

Telebra

Tele-Meister
That weight sounds excessively heavy and might be inaccurate, try weighing yourself holding the guitar, then weigh yourself again without the guitar and subtract to see the difference - this will give you an accurate weight for the guitar.
No, your not phat, it is water retention

MelvonBerum

TDPRI Member
I can't subtract, 8.8 lbs. more or less. It is not light but it is phat (physically hot and tantalizing).

haggardfan1

Friend of Leo's
I no longer use nor trust "click" strap locks of any type.

I once nearly dropped a 1998 Collector's Edition Tele, onstage in front of hundreds of people, because a Schaller strap lock loosened and became oriented upside down in such a way that it let go of its own strap button.

Put a rubber grommet or washer over your strap on the button, and no worries. It takes some effort and intent to remove one.

I have thrown away probably $150 dollars' worth of strap locks, and Schallers in particular are junk.