New CS Telecaster for your purview

MelvonBerum

TDPRI Member
I don't normally care for gold hardware - but it really fits on that one, including the gold anodized pick guard; it looks like a non-reflective brushed finish - very nice!

I like those RSD bridge plates too - retro-looking

There are a lot of nice details that are pulled together in a tasteful way

Thank you. I now have two guitars with gold hardware (other is a Martin SWDGT). I agree with the way the details are integrated into a nice looking package. I have always been a sucker for brass and dark woods so I suppose that is what drew me. I also like the pick-guard and the retro look of the bridge design.
I am going to admit ignorance and ask what you mean by RSD. Is that a manufacture or style? There is a lot I do not know about telecasters (and a bunch of other things).

old wrench

Friend of Leo's
Thank you. I now have two guitars with gold hardware (other is a Martin SWDGT). I agree with the way the details are integrated into a nice looking package. I have always been a sucker for brass and dark woods so I suppose that is what drew me. I also like the pick-guard and the retro look of the bridge design.
I am going to admit ignorance and ask what you mean by RSD. Is that a manufacture or style? There is a lot I do not know about telecasters (and a bunch of other things).

RSD is a Fender designation for some of their special parts that aren't available for retail purchase like most of the other Fender parts are.

If you check your Teles build sheet, you'll see that the bridge is speced-out as a RSD Tele bridge.

I really don't know what "RSD" stands for - other than un-obtanium ;)

Maybe something like the "Really Special Department" :)

Fender uses the RSD parts only on certain special builds

A couple years back I searched all over the place for a Tele RSD bridge, with no luck - I guess I could have bought one, but a complete guitar came along with it :)

There is the Tele RSD bridge, as well as cool-looking RSD one used on special Jazz Masters and Jaguars, and I think they have a bass RSD bridge too

I like the RSD Tele bridge because it's shaped the same as the vintage ashtray cover

MelvonBerum

TDPRI Member
Thank for the explanation. Nice to know it is "really special". Yeah, I actually put the ashtray on. I like the way it looks and it is a place to rest my hand.

I found this as an definition of RSD:

The RSD Bridge features a low profile without any sharp edges, can be easily adjusted, all while adding a new level of reliability where intonation is concerned. The only way to get ahold of one of these bridges is to order through the Fender Custom Shop, where we can have a guitar built with a RSD bridge installed. Visit us at 8300 Aurora Ave North to put one through it’s paces, online at www.seattleguitarstore.com.

I don't know how, specifically, they compare or contrast from a "standard" bridge.

Last edited:

MelvonBerum

TDPRI Member
Thanks for the input re: RSD Bridge. I do see the differences. I was wondering if anyone can give me insight into the pickups. The description from the floor traveler:
Bridge - HW WW10 Twisted Tele Brg
Neck - Ditto Nk
Are these the same pickups just in different positions? Any thoughts would be appreciated especially related to running into my Fender Super Twin amp. Preferred effects, pedals, etc.
Thanks and I appreciate the kind words from this forum.

loco gringo

Tele-Afflicted
It looks like that was a Wildwood 10 custom shop from Wildwood guitars. I think the WW10 pickup designation is for Wildwood 10 guitars. Probably a pickup WW specified with the custom shop.

MelvonBerum

TDPRI Member
Yeah, it is definitely a Wildwood guitar, came in the black case. This is what the seller wrote about the pickups:
Custom shop '58 pickups that measure 8.15k bridge and 4.9k neck. Obviously resistances but other than that...it does not tell me much.

Greggorios

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Quite the looker! I usually am not a big fan of bird's eye but that neck is extraordinary, congrats.

MelvonBerum

TDPRI Member
Thanks, I get my penchant for birds eye from old British cars. It is a really nice piece of wood. It plays nicely as well.

Double Stop

Tele-Holic
Wow, wow, wow! That's a gorgeous specimen indeed. I love the entire look of it. Lots of wood grain and such lovely figuring on the neck. Very well done. You've got impeccable taste.

MelvonBerum

TDPRI Member
Thanks, yeah I really like the wood, the combination of wood types and the finish. The neck is something to behold that is for sure. I like the shape of the neck as well, never felt anything quite like it, fat but comfortable.
What is weird from a psychological perspective is that I almost did not buy it because it was so beautiful. What is up with that sentiment? Did I not want it to be too much of a "poser" guitar? I don't play professionally so who am I trying to impress, right? Would I have been afraid to play it as to not damage it?
Anyway, I am glad I picked it up, I like playing it and thanks for the kind words.

derekwarner

Tele-Meister
mmmmmm....... the Fender Traveler document dosn't show a build date, however I suspect the neck timber is rather old......

We know we can determine an age of timber by the 'Growth Rings', however each of the deformed knot's in Birds Eye timber could also be a season.??........

I just didn't know that Mother Nature was still growing Birds Eye Maple in that intensity of figuration

graaaaaaaaaaaaw.......that may be the most unique neck I have seen.......

The guitar itself would not be on my shopping list, however if the machine is to be used....add a set of strap lockers

I suspect the instrument will age with an increases in value

Derek

Last edited: