New Country Guitar Course From Dario Cortese

Discussion in 'Tab, Tips, Theory and Technique' started by BigbirdPhila, Feb 12, 2015.

1. BigbirdPhila

BigbirdPhila TDPRI Member

Back in November '14 Justin Sandercoe mentioned in his newsletter that Dario Cortese would be coming out with a new country guitar instructional CD in December. December came and went. Justin hasn't mentioned it in his newsletter since then and it hasn't been mentioned on Dario's web site.

I just sent an inquiry about it to Dario and he responded that the CD is currently in the editing stage. All of his guitar work is done. He said it should be available "in a few weeks". He said that the process is now out of his hands and that he can't speed it up. Sounds like the editing is being done by some 3rd party fulfillment company.

So, if you're thinking about starting a new instructional course you might want to wait to see what Dario releases. If you've ever purchased anything from him, you know he's a perfectionist. It will probably be very thorough. There won't be any missing notes in the tabs he releases along with the course material.

2. eclipse

eclipse Tele-Meister

Any news on this? Thanks.

3. BigbirdPhila

Let me try to contact Dario and I'll let you know. In recent months, neither he nor Justin has sent out a newsletter. They must be very busy with other projects.

4. BigbirdPhila

Just heard back from Dario. For a busy guy, he certainly answers his emails quickly. This is his exact response:

"The DVD is now really close to be released. In think it all should be finished in one or two weeks!"

He also said that he expects to be sending out a May newsletter.

Some TDPRI members have posted that they have been disappointed with the quality of the tabs they have received with some of the courses they have purchased from some vendors. What the instructor plays and what is tabbed are not the same. My experience with Dario's material is that his tabs are always perfect, which is why I thought it important to post information about his upcoming course.

5. eclipse

eclipse Tele-Meister

Thanks. I'm looking for something new to work with. Let us know.

6. eclipse

eclipse Tele-Meister

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.