1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

New classic vibe telecasters in the future?

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by telemandave, Dec 18, 2016.

1. fender4life

fender4life Friend of Leo's

Not to mention the neck is already routed to accept a HB so all it takes is a new guard and the pickup. And since chances are the pickup will be replaced by a lot of people anyways, (especially considering asian HB's aren't not are usually near as good as asian SC's) putting out a model like thats not really needed.

I'll tell you what they DO need to release....CV's with fatter necks ! I can't count the number of people siting that as the reason they don't get along with them. Especially the 60's model who's neck is the thinnest i have ever seen on anything made by or for fender. But i gotta think they make em like that so as to keep them from hurting the MIM classic series.

Steve Perry likes this.
  2. soulman969

soulman969 Telefied Ad Free Member

The neck thing is a bugaboo for some no doubt but then even the original '60s Tele necks became shallower than those from the '50s. The way I looked at was it was just one more thing to modify so my two have necks on them from 2006 Nashvilles and both have had pickup swaps.

The sunburst CVC has a set of Keystones and the FSR/CVC has a Kent Armstrong P90 in the neck and an SD Quarter Pounder in the bridge and I would seriously put those two up against most any other Tele Fender produces save some of the CS models and they were far less costly.

Steve Perry likes this.
  3. fender4life

fender4life Friend of Leo's

Yes, the original 60's always were thinner, but not like the CVC. The MIM classic series 60's both the strat and tele are more like the originals in thickness, but they are considerably thicker than the CVC. I have the white limited edition CVC with pickup and other upgrades, and like you i would put it up against most any tele except for that neck which is hard to play and also i believe thins out the tone of the plain strings. Had they simply added maybe 1/16" or so more maple you wouldn't be able to pry it out of my cold dead hands. But as it is i have a hard time playing it after playing my other guitars for any length of time, so i too am considering a new neck. But i hate doing that so i may just sell it and get a classic 60's which i have had before and it was utterly fabulous sounding.

4. MrHooligan73

MrHooligan73 TDPRI Member

The price increase is likely to stifle any of their future releases not too mention the amount of them for sale in every pawnshop on the east coast for half new asking prices or less. While i like the classic vibe series, the way fender is now trying to position itself isn't looking good unless they like the idea of selling less. Stull makes the Yamaha pacificas one of if not the best deals to be had for the money.

soulman969 likes this.
  5. YOSTINATOR

YOSTINATOR Tele-Meister

Yeah, I do not like the 2017 changes in the Fender line

MrHooligan73 likes this.
  6. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

A lot of things are just up in the air and will remain so IMO until some time has passed. I'd be terrified to invest too much in new lines for the CV since a small exchange rate adjustment or change in labor costs there make the instrument more expensive than the Ensenada ones.

My long term idea would be, all in house FMIC guitars are Fenders and all "contract" guitars no matter how expensive are Squiers. We have certain Chevy models that cost more than some Buicks so why shouldn't some Squiers cost more than certain Fenders? But I wouldn't have it happen on an "accidental" basis.

soulman969 likes this.
  7. Dongotto

Dongotto Tele-Meister

It's not hard to get on for 15 percent off from one of the big stored if your patient. A lot of guitar for $340

JayFreddy and YOSTINATOR like this.
  8. YOSTINATOR

YOSTINATOR Tele-Meister

Paid $333 for mine!

9. Grux

Grux Tele-Holic

Imo if Fender wanted to sell more guitars, they'd be smart to add a bunch of variety to the Classic Vibe series. I know for one I'd buy another even though I don't need one. They would have a better shot at selling two or three $400 guitars to me than selling me one $800 + guitar with 'fender' on it.

10. nicod98

nicod98 Tele-Afflicted

Not too many please, I only have room for three more, before I have to start selling some... ;)

Grux likes this.
  11. comebackkid

comebackkid Tele-Meister

Yeah, a coral pink, white guard, maple neck Classic Vibe would have me running to the store immediately!

Grux and bparnell57 like this.
  12. KnopflerStyle

KnopflerStyle Tele-Afflicted

I think the 50s bsb and vintage w, and the 60s with those bindings, are the most beautifull models of all. The guy who has created thr Cv brand should be name the king of.mass producition. Henry Ford my balls.

I imagine the next gen with specs that you could only find in a expensive guitar. Different neck radius or b bender, or a lot of options to customize as pickups, bridges etc. Colors are a + but it will not create another revolution.

Nevertheless I am wainting for an Squier classic vibe valve amp series. Sweet.....

Nowadays I only check the Squier site for news. For me it has no sense the fender prices and I still prefer to play my squiers than my Mia.

13. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Maybe in Clarksville.

But in a lot of places, if a fellow knew 2 players in his area already had Classic Vibes, he might hold off since he'd have very limited bragging rights. That's still a major draw on CVs - amazing people with how nice they can be. If two playing buddies already have one, you're only catching up to them - not standing apart.

FMIC's real goal is to make money, not to sell more guitars. If more Fenders can be sold, higher end ones, and fewer Squiers, that could be better for the bottom line. Just as Chevy would rather sell 3 loaded Suburbans than 8 to 10 Malibus or Cruizes. The net profit per Suburban is huge; the profit per CV sold is pretty small and it often means a Fender that is not sold.

hellopike likes this.
  14. Grux

Grux Tele-Holic

I see your point bubba, but I'm not convinced fender makes more profit from American made guitars unless they're inflated prices to begin with (which I also suspect). If the goal is to make more money, selling more guitars is part of it or they wouldn't even have overseas manufacturing.

Anyways It my job as a consumer to buy what best fits my needs and budget, and get the most bank for my buck. A $400.00 CV is where its at for me, and I'd buy a couple more.

15. KnopflerStyle

KnopflerStyle Tele-Afflicted

Maybe fender products have better profits. But we dont know exactly that. They are made in USA the others... China or some emerging market. So we dont know.

Even that, both products have different market targets. So you are not killing the market or replacing needs.

Professional musicians and people who want to play a fine instrument, will look a fender. Better investment. Price remains through time. That will not change.

But there was a market who want something cheaper, no need for made in USA that looks something cool and playable. That market was empty for many years. Cheap chunk guitars or fender/gibson was the title.

Classic vibe gives that market what they need. In my case I dont need mia guitars or mim. But I am ready to buy squiers classic vibe. I have two of.them and I will keep buying if I have different options. Im not vince gill, thus I can gig with them, I can travel with them ( no worry for security) and they play perfect.

My others cheap guitars, were impossible to play, very bad quality and they not look very well ( think in Sx, and those brands...)

So squier allows fender to raise prices and difference better both markets.

I will not be surprised if I started to see young guitarist giging with squiers. I still think that squiers could endorse some of them just lo lock this public.

Nice move. For me, squier classic vibe is the only second brand witb epiphone that works. Other things.... Sucks. Althought that many of them share the same factory.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.