New Christmas Pedals?

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Kayle McGuire, Dec 26, 2017.

1. zippofan

zippofan Tele-Afflicted

Got a Crazy Tube Circuits Magnifier boost with some Christmas cash. Sounds good, a little different than my FET, opamp and bipolar transistor boosts. It's got a "Butler amplifier" circuit, not sure what that is, but it's more MOSFET like, sort of like a CB Super Chili Picoso boost, very clean.
    It certainly has no problem driving my low watt tube amps into overdrive, sweet. :)

2. moosie

moosie Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Wow, big thread. I guess I missed it because I didn't get any pedals for Christmas :cry: I'll see myself out now.

But seriously, before I go... I got my son a couple. Predictably he loves the Boss DM-2w, and not so predictably, he didn't keep the Dunlop Jimi FF. He wanted germanium, and I made a field call and got him the Jimi instead. It sounded much smoother than I remembered my Ge FF mini. But the Ge cleans up better with the guitar volume, I think. Which is what he wanted. No harm, he's returning it, and applying the cash towards a Boss Katana amp, for home practice while the baby sleeps. Lot more flexible than a FF. ;)

songtalk likes this.
  3. RustleFuzz

RustleFuzz Tele-Meister

Got a couple “After Christmas” pedals for myself. An Xotic Wah to replace my old Dunlop 535Q, and a Whirlwind Orange Box to replace my MXR Phase 90 block logo. The Xotic Wah sounds just amazing, is tweak-able and true bypass. The Whirlwind is a “cleaner” sounding phase w less gain and noise than the MXR, and is true bypass. Both the Xotic and Whirlwind are Made in the USA!
    IMG_4252.JPG IMG_4250.JPG

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.