New celestion gold 10 problems

Jasonpatrick

Tele-Meister
3 month old, rattle buzz at any volume in my Princeton . Volume never above 2 bass on 3 so it’s never ever been worked hard. Touch one side of the cone it stops, touch one side of the spider it stops, press lightly on spider it grows louder. Does it outside of cabinet. I swear it just started doing it! Low bass notes even with bass on zero it buzzes. Thumb tight nuts. Loosened nuts , tightened nuts more with little change. It seems to disappear and then it will comeback after amp has been off. Should I send a letter to guitar center? What the F !!!!!!! Also, there isn’t anything rattling about loose either. Voice coil rub? Sometimes I hear a ticking when it starts to rattle too. I was gonna upload a video but files are too big apparently.

VintageSG

Poster Extraordinaire
It's a warranty return. Sometimes, Lady Luck has a bad day and takes it out on random people. She chose you.
Did the box it came in look damaged?, was there any wear to the paint around any of the mount points? It may have been dropped/drop-kicked by the delivery company, store employee, Lady Luck. It may have been a return. Was it sold as new, or 'open-box'?
Frame distortion from over-tightening and out of sequence tightening can cause the issue you describe. A level across the mount points can help here to determine if the basket is out of kilter.
Good luck with your return process!

Jasonpatrick

Tele-Meister
Brand new from guitar center.
It's a warranty return. Sometimes, Lady Luck has a bad day and takes it out on random people. She chose you.
Did the box it came in look damaged?, was there any wear to the paint around any of the mount points? It may have been dropped/drop-kicked by the delivery company, store employee, Lady Luck. It may have been a return. Was it sold as new, or 'open-box'?
Frame distortion from over-tightening and out of sequence tightening can cause the issue you describe. A level across the mount points can help here to determine if the basket is out of kilter.
Good luck with your return process!
Brand new from guitar center .. and uhg

PhredE

Friend of Leo's
I think VintageSG has probably nailed it. I'd also suggest that you try it feeding the signal from a different amplifier (if possible) as a double check before sending it back. There's a small chance that a tube rattle may be making it's way out to the speaker.

Good luck just the same.

Jasonpatrick

Tele-Meister
I think VintageSG has probably nailed it. I'd also suggest that you try it feeding the signal from a different amplifier (if possible) as a double check before sending it back. There's a small chance that a tube rattle may be making it's way out to the speaker.

Good luck just the same.
Word, yeah already checked that. Just got off phone with guitar center, not their problem. Sent Weber a video clip and contacted Celestion via email. I thought they had a North American customer service number 🤷‍♂️

Dacious

Doctor of Teleocity
You could try inverting the speaker. Sometimes that will fix a buzz. But the answer is a warranty return..

Any speaker could have this happen. It's just luck of the draw.

Jasonpatrick

Tele-Meister
So Guitar center customer service said tough titties wasn’t their problem and celestion said , the F it ain’t their problem ! So I had to walk the 3rd GC rep through the Celestion warranty return step by step for authorized dealers. Jfc… Now I need to call the local GC and have them start the warranty process before I even bring the speaker in .. hahaha

dan40

Friend of Leo's
Is there any chance that it may be coming from the magnet cover. There is a screw under the sticker on the back that attaches to cover to the frame. It's a possibility that it has worked its self loose.

Jasonpatrick

Tele-Meister
Is there any chance that it may be coming from the magnet cover. There is a screw under the sticker on the back that attaches to cover to the frame. It's a possibility that it has worked its self loose.
Nah, checked that. Good catch tho. Balls in Celestions hands now. Filled out all the paper work, included photos of the basket etc etc and two videos both with the speaker out of the cab making th noise. 🤞

Jasonpatrick

Tele-Meister
Update. After GC customer service said tough sht since it wasn’t their brand, Celestion got ahold of them and read them the riot act apparently. Then the director of North American sales got ahold of me and has as of three days ago, shipped a replacement speaker out from their warehouse. I have to say , hands down best customer service from Celestion haha!. I went all the way out to GC to help the store manager fill out the warranty paperwork he wasn’t familiar with only to have him never file it. I think Celestion tried making contact with him a few times with no response. Anyways, all good now.

Jasonpatrick

Tele-Meister
Tada

Attachments

• D34E37C3-1CD6-4981-B786-B85B4A88954C.jpeg
    D34E37C3-1CD6-4981-B786-B85B4A88954C.jpeg
    224.9 KB · Views: 6