New Cavalier Pickup Day....WOW!

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by preactor, Dec 27, 2017.

1. preactor

preactor Tele-Holic

My Problem: I have 2 Peavey Reactor (Tele Copies). Both played the same and sounded the same. No difference! I have to justify myself in keeping both guitars which I love. Both have the Bill Lawrence 5 way switch mod. So I called Mr. Rob and asked about Cavalier Pickups. He asked about my music, amp, guitars, polarity, phasing,...so nothing was left to chance so I ordered a set. My style is clean, country and twangy so He recommended a Bakersfield Bridge and Lion King Neck. He custom made my pickups for me shipped them and they are at my house within 5 postal days!

My Solution: Peavey Reactor Stock vrs. Cavalier. Now I have 2 different guitars which I love. Both are different now. The Peavey Stock has that Mississippi drawl while the Cavalier is proper English with each word pronounced clearly and precisely.

The stock Peavey pickups are both very mellow sounding but can easily get muddy if played very hard or driven very much. Neck pickup especially dark and mellow to muddy. The bridge is very twangy and clean. I love it.

The Bakersfield (Bridge)
    Very bright, clear, clean, and articulate. Very twangy. Does great with palm mutes and all of the other tele stuff I like to do. Obviously not the pickup you would want for death metal but will rock you out just the same old school. Not quite as much output as stock but not enough difference to make a difference. My objective was clean and twangy and this pickup provided this for me. This pickup is NOT annoyingly shrill or ice-picky. It gave me a New Guitar Day. Responds well to changes in volume and tone.

The Lion King (Neck)
    Blows the Peavey Stock out of the water. Exactly what I wanted was a neck pickup that could stand alone. Like the Bakersfield, it is bright, clear, clean and articulate. Bright but gets very mellow as you roll the tone down. Love it!

I wish I could give some sound clips but sadly I don't do that technology...sorry. If you have pickup questions, Mr. Rob has the answer! And BTW I am not associated with Cavalier Pickups in any way other than being a VERY satisfied Customer.

Praxis, whitecloud, lineboat and 3 others like this.
  2. Rod Parsons

Rod Parsons Friend of Leo's

Congratulations! Rob's pickups have a stellar reputation here. I have a Nashville Lion Bridge, that makes me happy, too..

SnidelyWhiplash likes this.
  3. Billnchristy

Billnchristy Tele-Afflicted

We like ours too, though I don't have any standard tele pickups to compare since our g&l has a p90

4. SPUDCASTER

SPUDCASTER Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Glad you like the Bakersfield. I have a Fat/Bakersfield Lion, very versatile. Also have a Nashville and the 51/52.

Rob's great to work with, has a good feel for what your after.

El Tele Lobo likes this.
  5. lineboat

lineboat Friend of Leo's

Rob is an great guy selling a superb product. Glad you found something you like!

El Tele Lobo and SnidelyWhiplash like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.