1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

New cars to avoid

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by kelnet, Jul 12, 2015.

1. kelnet

kelnet Telefied Ad Free Member

2. Post Toastie

Post Toastie Poster Extraordinaire

BMW at number one.

3. CharlieO

CharlieO Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Fiat-Chrysler sure dominates the list.

4. FastMattTX

FastMattTX Tele-Meister

The article starts out by stating "the evolution in styling and technological breakthroughs... have literally reinvented the automobile during the last quarter millennium."

[​IMG]

That's a pretty low bar - a quarter millennium ago this was still four years in the future!

5. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

That's a real "ouch" for the 7 series.

No car I'd consider buying is on the list.

6. JReazor

JReazor Tele-Holic

If you're put off by things like "limited passenger comfort, harsh and erratic ride and handling abilities and excessive wind noise" it should be pretty obvious that a Wrangler is not for you.

7. Post Toastie

Post Toastie Poster Extraordinaire

Maybe for a pair of jeans but not for a car.

8. Mike Simpson

Mike Simpson Doctor of Teleocity

Wow... I never would have thought that the econo box cars don't have great power and acceleration... I question some of the statements in the Nissan teuck review as well.

9. Colo Springs E

Colo Springs E Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Edit

Last edited: Jul 13, 2015
  10. Coach56

Coach56 One of the Boys

Agreed, but a Jeep Wrangler is not a car and should not be compared to one any more then a Ford F150 should.

Horses for courses, do the same test only instead of the highway try a stretch of backwoods or desert canyons and then the results change a bit.

Now those other two poor excuses for a Jeep should be dropped off a cliff with the executive who approved them inside!

We love our Jeeps in my family, including both of the Liberties my daughter has/does own.

11. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Telefied Ad Free Member

Only on the myopic/partisan TDPRI does that list garner a "wow- lotta Chrysler vehicles on there", when in fact there are 6 Japanese cars.

I know the words "Camry" and "Sentra" have always sent hearts fluttering around here but - really ?

To be fair and impartial, the two Lincolns on there have been known to be dogs (besides their dated-from-the-get-go styling) since day one - not really news.

To be even more fair and impartial may I reiterate my utter disdain and lack of engineering respect for any Ford Focus from 2011-present.

Avoid.

First it was just the auto trans but then I saw numerous ones either stuck or getting stuck in piddly amounts of snow last winter or two.

Horrid vehicles.

The 1998-2010 ones ? Great cars. You'll still see them on the road for years to come.

12. goonie

goonie Friend of Leo's

Yeah what kind of ***** wants a quiet, comfortable car that handles well?

13. goonie

goonie Friend of Leo's

Hey my work car is on the list! A Nissan Titan (Navara in Australia). Yup, she's pretty damn agricultural.

14. Count

Count Friend of Leo's

I'll stick with my Subaru.

15. stxrus

stxrus Poster Extraordinaire

The iconic Jeep, IMHO, is all but dead. The Wylis, CJ, & TJ are true Jeeps.msorry, but I'm not a fan of square headlights.
    If I wanted a vehicle that didn't ride rough, get poor gas mileage, & was a blast to drive I would bought anything else

Fist taking over Chrysler is the death knell

Full disclosure; my daily drive (not counting the work van) is a 2006 TJ w/ the 4.0 & 6 speed manual. Running 31x10.5x15 with 15x8 Pro Comp 1069s

16. JReazor

JReazor Tele-Holic

There are plenty of choices if that's what you want. Me? I like being able to drop the top and leave the doors in the garage. I also enjoy driving on the beach and playing in the mud.

The rough highway manners and noise? I consider those to be enabling features.

17. JReazor

JReazor Tele-Holic

We haven't seen Fiat's take on the Wrangler yet. Even the rumor mill hasn't produced much that sounds reliable. The JK is an MB era design. I've owned a YJ, a TJ and now a JK. The JK is my least favorite of the 3. It's too big, too complicated and too car like. The YJ was great except that the top was bit of a pain. The TJ was just about perfect.

That being said, I think that the Chrysler brands are developing better product now than they did under Benz. And of course they were pretty stagnant under Cerebus. I would love to see them follow the path set by Mazda with the new Miata and Chevy with the Camaro. Go smaller, lighter and simpler. We'll see before too long.

18. JReazor

JReazor Tele-Holic

The Camry and Sentra are both built in North America. The idea of foreign cars v. domestic is a relic from another time.

19. 61fury

61fury Friend of Leo's

Our 2008 Avalon we bought used is a torture chamber , the front seats are pure pain. We are bitterly disappointed. Fortunately I was a member of CU at the time and I trashed that car's fatal flaw. Awesome everything else but passenger comfort sucks

20. dented

dented Doctor of Teleocity

Bought a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara in February. Everything I wanted and more. Didn't buy it for the comfy ride or quiet interior. It's a killer vehicle to own if you use it as it was intended. Will hold it's value just fine.

My 4 door is not a rock climber but it goes off road and through the creeks just fine. Hard top or convertible or soft top.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.