New Car Day

tfarny

Poster Extraordinaire
I was just working on the charging details. Got it plugged into my house just with an extension cord and the dongle adapter they provide. Pretty seamless -they say 120v charging is like filling a bathtub with a straw though, the car estimates it is getting three miles of range per hour of charge that way. But according to my electric bill, 250 miles of range will cost $15 that way, and of course I can leave it overnight 12+ hours most nights, enough to supplement the free charge ups we plan to do weekly. VW agreed to pay for 3 years of free juice as part of the dieselgate settlemnt and there are free fast chargers scattered here and there, including a couple places we like to walk our dog. So I figure our monthly "gas bill" will be under $50. Makes a difference in this day and age.

Colo Springs E

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
I figure that I will sell my Cadillac ELR next year, one year before the battery warranty expires. Looking at the current crop of available EVs, I would probably choose between the VW ID.4 and the Ford Mustang Mach E as its replacement. I would prefer an EV sedan, but there isn't much available. I have no interest in a Tesla, mainly because there are just too many of them around here.

Enjoy your VW, and give us your updated impressions after a couple of months of ownership.

Here you go Charlie

2024-Hyundai-Ioniq-6-Electric-Car-10.jpg

Hyundai Ioniq 6.