New build...trouble deciding on color

derekwarner

Tele-Meister
Hey middy, have you positioned the actual body of the output jackplug outby further within the cup so a standard 1/4" jackplug with a 90 degree bend will stay engaged?

BTW....black with double white binding may be a special order but looks stunning

Derek

TwangerWannabe

Tele-Holic
I never liked Fiesta Red until I picked up a Classic 50's Strat.

BOfu3ffh.jpg

kEj7KUth.jpg

And I like this Tele with double binding:

e16L7TTh.png

oV7qQOXh.png

With all that said, I will most likely go with double bound black or butterscotch, but this looks really nice as well...

ubJYd2yh.png

Last edited:

middy

Friend of Leo's
Hey middy, have you positioned the actual body of the output jackplug outby further within the cup so a standard 1/4" jackplug with a 90 degree bend will stay engaged?

BTW....black with double white binding may be a special order but looks stunning

Derek
Yes, the jack sticks out of the electrosocket by 1/4” or so.

Telefsantasia1

Tele-Meister
I recently ordered an American Original 50's neck (maple fretboard) to replace the Classic 50's neck on my Partscaster. Recently got a hair up my butt about wanting bigger frets after scoring a really nice '14 American Vintage Hot Rod 50's Strat, so I ordered the AO neck with vintage tall 6105 frets. Neck should be here Wednesday.

Played my Partscaster all day today with the tiny vintage frets and have to say I still dig it. So I originally thought I'd just return the neck and be done with it, but then thought that would be silly and am considering building another Partscaster, but having trouble deciding on what color.

Here's a pic of my current Partscaster. All Fender hardware, OV pickups, and a surprisingly nice Squier CVC body with a Classic 50's neck:

q55nHFoh.jpg

I really like double-bound bodies. The three colors I'm considering are black, fiesta red and Lake Placid Blue.

Would be interested in hearing from others or seeing you're bound Partscaster bodies for inspiration!
Beautiful!

Sax-son

Tele-Afflicted
Twanger! Before doing anything regarding the color, check out what is available on Guitar Fetish for their bound bodies. Of all their products, I have found that their painted bound bodies are the most consistent quality
telecaster.jpg
and easiest to work with. I have purchased a few of them and found them to be a great value. They offer a variety of colors. Oh, by the way, Fiesta Red is one of my favorite colors on and Fender style guitar. Matched with mint green or Tortoiseshell pickguards, they are the bomb!