New build...trouble deciding on color

TwangerWannabe

Tele-Holic
I recently ordered an American Original 50's neck (maple fretboard) to replace the Classic 50's neck on my Partscaster. Recently got a hair up my butt about wanting bigger frets after scoring a really nice '14 American Vintage Hot Rod 50's Strat, so I ordered the AO neck with vintage tall 6105 frets. Neck should be here Wednesday.

Played my Partscaster all day today with the tiny vintage frets and have to say I still dig it. So I originally thought I'd just return the neck and be done with it, but then thought that would be silly and am considering building another Partscaster, but having trouble deciding on what color.

Here's a pic of my current Partscaster. All Fender hardware, OV pickups, and a surprisingly nice Squier CVC body with a Classic 50's neck:

q55nHFoh.jpg

I really like double-bound bodies. The three colors I'm considering are black, fiesta red and Lake Placid Blue.

Would be interested in hearing from others or seeing you're bound Partscaster bodies for inspiration!

AKBluesDude

TDPRI Member
I like the satin finishes from Warmoth. I got one in a blue - green burst that was absolutely stunning. No gloss so no fingerprints to polish off.

KokoTele

Doctor of Teleocity
Vendor Member
I don't think Fiesta Red (or "dog dick pink", as Bill Kirchen calls it) would look particularly good with binding. LPB will, but it's a metallic and there's a learning curve to spraying those. If you've never done it, plan on using twice the blue so you have plenty to practice with.
Black will look good with binding too, of course.

HootOwlDude

Tele-Meister
I recently ordered an American Original 50's neck (maple fretboard) to replace the Classic 50's neck on my Partscaster. Recently got a hair up my butt about wanting bigger frets after scoring a really nice '14 American Vintage Hot Rod 50's Strat, so I ordered the AO neck with vintage tall 6105 frets. Neck should be here Wednesday.

Played my Partscaster all day today with the tiny vintage frets and have to say I still dig it. So I originally thought I'd just return the neck and be done with it, but then thought that would be silly and am considering building another Partscaster, but having trouble deciding on what color.

Here's a pic of my current Partscaster. All Fender hardware, OV pickups, and a surprisingly nice Squier CVC body with a Classic 50's neck:

q55nHFoh.jpg

I really like double-bound bodies. The three colors I'm considering are black, fiesta red and Lake Placid Blue.

Would be interested in hearing from others or seeing you're bound Partscaster bodies for inspiration!
I say go natural. I love my partscaster strat with a maple FB. It’s an ash Guitarmill body that I TruOiled. I prefer dark board, painted teles probably above all else, but this guitar’s looks always makes my heart sing. I also dig mint pickguards with this aesthetic—or any aesthetic!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    260.6 KB · Views: 26

TwangerWannabe

Tele-Holic
I don't think Fiesta Red (or "dog dick pink", as Bill Kirchen calls it) would look particularly good with binding. LPB will, but it's a metallic and there's a learning curve to spraying those. If you've never done it, plan on using twice the blue so you have plenty to practice with.
Never had any plans on spraying the body myself.

ping-ping-clicka

Poster Extraordinaire
Wild Bill, has the perfect description for the disgusting shade of red !