new build,3-way toggle, want series/parallel with push push

gonzo

Tele-Meister
so, i need some help with wiring...
i have a matched pair of Fralin Split Blades, blues output, 500k pots..

i did away with the 3-way selector switch, opted for a gibson style 3-way toggle mounted on the upper horn. (is this a sort of version of a cabronita?)

what i want, is a typical neck-neck/bridge middle-bridge selection,
but be able to get the neck and bridge to be in 'series' when a push push vol (or tone) pot is engaged.

i originally thought i needed the Fender "S-1" type pot, but that seems to be used with only the 3-way or 4-way selector switch ( i understand there are other variants )

has anyone got a diagram that gets me the 'series' wiring for the combination of the neck and bridge?

if it can be done with a push push, that's great... if i HAVE to add a mini switch, that would be option #2.

thanks in advance

-rob

AAT65

Poster Extraordinaire
You can do this with any old DPDT switch, including a push-push or push-pull. The Am Pro II Telecaster does this with a push-push pot. The wiring diagram for that is in the Technical Manual here - you can easily change the switch to a Les Paul-type toggle.

AAT65

Poster Extraordinaire
BTW there is nothing magic about an S1 — unless you need more than 2 poles. An S1 is a 4PDT switch: but if you just use two of the poles it’s the same as a push-pull or push-push, except more expensive — which is why the Am Pro II Tele uses a push-push to do exactly the same thing as the Elite & Ultra Teles use an S1 for (and what you’re looking to do).