New Bridge Day: Wilkinson Compensated

Southpaw Tele

Friend of Leo's
Well, I decided to swap out the bridge on my MIM Player series Tele. Just got the Wilkinson this week and some time to install it tonight. I haven’t had a chance to plug in, but I can definitely tell a difference unplugged. Sounds a little more open. It intonated pretty easily. I’ll plug it in tomorrow and report back.
image.jpg

telestratosonic

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
Well, I decided to swap out the bridge on my MIM Player series Tele. Just got the Wilkinson this week and some time to install it tonight. I haven’t had a chance to plug in, but I can definitely tell a difference unplugged. Sounds a little more open. It intonated pretty easily. I’ll plug it in tomorrow and report back. View attachment 945236
Are the saddles left-handed or does one flip them to make them left-handed?

Dan German

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
I love those. I have (had) two. A half-bridge on my baritone, and a regular one on my Logan. I swapped the chrome plate on the Logan for a raw stainless plate, just because, but I liked it the way it was for over a decade. The half-tarnished brass saddles stayed, just swapped to the new plate.

Southpaw Tele

Friend of Leo's
Hi Southpaw, have you had chance to give your player a good try out since the wilkinson bridge install?
I have! I play every Sunday at our church and a lot of songs call for some bridge twang. Even with the Chopper T in the bridge, I notice it’s a little more lively than with the stock six saddle. And it looks better to me.