New Brad Paisley live DVD coming out Dec 16th

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by AJ Love, Dec 2, 2016.

1. AJ Love

AJ Love Friend of Leo's

Life Amplified World Tour: Live From WVU

should be fun to check out.... I preordered it

2. AJ Love

AJ Love Friend of Leo's

"The show includes a very special version of the John Denver song "Country Roads," which has become an anthem for WVU. Songs included in the show are: Crushin' It, American Saturday Night, Water, Online, Perfect Storm, Celebrity, Letter to Me, This is Country Music, Mama Tried, I'm Still a Guy, She's Everything, Mountain Music, Ticks, Country Nation, Old Alabama, Then, Beat This Summer, Remind Me, Country Roads, Southern Comfort Zone, Mud on the Trees, Higher Education, and Alcohol." - 2 hour live DVD

3. HC

HC Tele-Holic

Thanks for the tip. Putting it on the christmas wish list. :)

AJ Love likes this.
  4. rebelwoclue

rebelwoclue Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

+1! Finally something that my wife can get me that I'll really want!

AJ Love likes this.
  5. AJ Love

AJ Love Friend of Leo's

The track list includes "Mama Tried" and "Country Roads", it will be interesting to see what type of solos he plays on those songs

6. AJ Love

AJ Love Friend of Leo's

7. AJ Love

AJ Love Friend of Leo's

Wow, seems like Paisley isn't nearly as popular on the TDPRI as he used to be maybe? I understand that his more current albums might not appeal to as many people here as the older material, but if anything he's a better guitarist than ever and still rips at live concerts. Considering the material on the DVD this could be one of the greatest Country Telecaster videos released in a long long time (just my opinion)

Armann likes this.
  8. Rayner

Rayner Tele-Meister

Not available in the UK yet, signed up for an email when its available.

I don't suppose these DVDs are as popular in general, being able to get YouTube on your TV and watch performances for nothing is probably killing it. I'm not a great fan of BP's new material but always good to watch a good performer and try to steal ideas

AJ Love likes this.
  9. johnny k

johnny k Friend of Leo's

I don t want to be a buzzkill, but his version of country roads is on youtube. I won t post a link since i don t want to spoil anything, i m pretty sure you will do it yourself.;)

AJ Love likes this.
  10. AJ Love

AJ Love Friend of Leo's

Saw it, thought it was awesome with the crowd singing along. That song is an anthem in West Virginia.

11. mrgp52tele

mrgp52tele Tele-Meister

Paisley's Play album was EXCELLENT, but other than that album, he wouldn't know a good song if it fell on him. He is a great guitarist, but very redundant in his licks and sound. I want to like him, but he is actually part of the problem with what they call Country Music today. Just my thoughts, to each his own

12. AJ Love

AJ Love Friend of Leo's

I appreciate your thoughts and understand. I like traditional Country the most but there are some modern Country artists I like and Paisley is one of my favorites. I don't question it, just am very entertained/inspired by his music. I certainly respect anyone who doesn't like his music though

rebelwoclue likes this.
  13. rebelwoclue

I disagree with that- he may be progressive but Paisley has grown up with many of the greats in country music and knows where his roots are- unlike many of the singers out there now. I watched Thomas Rhett New Years Eve night - was that a joke? I consider him the poster child for today's country along with those two from Flo/Georgia.

14. rze99

rze99 Poster Extraordinaire

Great player. Not so great songs.

15. horax

horax Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Oh come on.
    His songs are top notch, fun songs that talk about things other genres won't.

16. mrgp52tele

mrgp52tele Tele-Meister

rebelwoclue, post: 7368278, member: 80359"]I disagree with that- he may be progressive but Paisley has grown up with many of the greats in country music and knows where his roots are- unlike many of the singers out there now. I watched Thomas Rhett New Years Eve night - was that a joke? I consider him the poster child for today's country along with those two from Flo/Georgia.

It's your right to disagree because I know that no 2 people will hardly agree on anything. I would really like to hear BP play one time through a Twin Reverb with JBLs and lush spring reverb. He is a great player, I just do not really care for his "over processed", boutique amp sound, but I know, to each his own.

17. mrgp52tele

mrgp52tele Tele-Meister

It's your right to disagree, I know that different people like different things. I would really like to hear BP play through a Twin Reverb with JBLs with lush spring reverb. I really do not care for his over processed, boutique amp sound, but I know, to each his own.
    I think Albert Lee is a great player, but when he switched from a Tele to a MM, his sound really suffered, but not his talent.[/QUOTE]

18. mrgp52tele

mrgp52tele Tele-Meister

We agree to disagree. I would really like to hear BP play through a Fender Twin with JBLs and lush spring reverb set clean. I really do not care for his over processed, boutique amp sound, but he is a great player. Much like, I do not care for Albert Lee's switch from a Tele to a MM guitar. His over all sound suffered, but not his talent.

rebelwoclue likes this.
  19. rebelwoclue

Each player looks for "his" (or her) sound so we can have an opinion but it's their chosen signature. You know who is playing when you hear a Paisley intro or break- by sound or by technique.
    We do agree here with Albert Lee- his sound was way better with a tele. I still don't understand why he continues with MM because the distinctive tele sound that he brought is gone and sounds like a thousand other pickers. :)

20. Armann

Armann TDPRI Member

I really like his playing and songs, plus he seems like a great guy. I respect his talent and the dedication that's needed to get to where he is. I think he's a good role model.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.