New Boss: "Waza Craft"

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by SynMike, Jul 15, 2014.

1. waparker4

waparker4 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Strymon timeline?

2. 11 Gauge

11 Gauge Doctor of Teleocity

If you don't need it pre-packaged, that can be handled with looping boxes and the like.

While it seems like a clunky solution, you aren't tied down to a specifically fabricated pedal that you might have wanted some things done differently with.

I'd actually prefer a simple and compact delay with the reverse engineering aspects handled by myself, just to prevent it from becoming the "focal point" piece of gear that everything else plugs into.

And as much as I really do like delay, I NEVER want it to become such a foundational part of my playing that the thing is on all the time (or even on "a lot'). I mean - I like barbecue-flavored potato chips, but I don't want to just eat them all the time. I think that may be an analogy by me that's actually accurate and understandable! :lol:

3. Tritone

Tritone TDPRI Member

Here's an overview on Youtube. The demo of the DM-2w is not super helpful but it's better than anything we've heard yet I think.

4. klasaine

klasaine Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Until it's demo'd against a 'real' and verifiably vintage (and in decent condition) DM2 ... I'm very skeptical. The way Molenda just demo'd it - pretty much any decent analog or combo ana/dig delay can sound like that.

5. Tritone

Tritone TDPRI Member

Another demo from NAMM. Again, really hard to hear the specifics of the DM-2w. But I guess it's better than nothing.

6. BassBoss

BassBoss TDPRI Member

Seems like Boss has finally removed the harsh edge from the Blues Driver. Works rather well for lower gain in the stock mode and higher gain in the waza craft mode now.

The Boss SD-1 is one of my all time favorites, can't wait to hear what they have done to it. Wondering if they have "corrected" the low pass filter that 11gauge has taken issues with... Can't wait for his analysis either. Does anyone know when these stomps are going to be released?

Not sure if I am going to buy after all though. 3x the price of the originals is a bit steep.

7. bluesfordan

bluesfordan Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I wish I had bought an original blues driver when they first came out, a guitarist whom I admire very much uses one in his rig. It's one of those pedals I meant to get but just never got around to it. Granted, marketing hype needs to be taken with enough grains of salt that most cardiologists are duly alarmed. I decided WTH and pre-ordered a Waza Craft BD-2, got it for a sale price because I ordered it within a 3 day window after the pedal was announced. It is expecting to arrive some time in October.

8. bricksnbeatles

bricksnbeatles Tele-Afflicted

You will love it, I just today figured out how to get a dead on Disraeli Gears tone with my regular bd-2, crybaby classic and danelectro, it's a very versatile pedal for clapton and zeppelin type sounds all the way to weezer and the white stripes.

9. BassBoss

BassBoss TDPRI Member

Some recent videos

SD-1:

BD-2:

And the one everyone seems to be watering over, DM-2:

10. AMERICAN_Tele

AMERICAN_Tele TDPRI Member

Getting closer to these things coming out! Can't wait to get a DM-2w. Wouldn't mind testing out the SD-1w too.

11. AMERICAN_Tele

AMERICAN_Tele TDPRI Member

...and I'm still waiting. It's gotta be soon, right? lol

12. micaiah

micaiah Tele-Meister

they need to remake the DM-1

13. ruger9

ruger9 Poster Extraordinaire

Some stores show in stock with the BD-2 and SD-1, but the DM-2 has been pushed back to 2015. :mad:

14. Gary Mitchell

Gary Mitchell Former Member

STUPID They found a new way into your pocket. I will sale you a Stanley box knife just put a little cut in your speaker.

15. jipp

jipp Friend of Leo's

wonder why they pushed that model to 2015. i figured these be out by now..
    not like japan to slack.. interesting.. wonder if they had a engineer issue at the plant they had to fix.. or a shortage of parts..

chris.

16. Paul G.

Paul G. Friend of Leo's

Gee, if they know how to make a better sounding pedal, why not just make the pedal they make sound better?

PS -- a regular run-of-the-mill BD2 is already "all analog". It just doesn't sound good.

P.

17. peavey30

peavey30 Tele-Meister

I'm waiting for the CE-2W :lol:

it shouldn't surprise me if Boss will release this one next year. I think there is a great demand for that pedal.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.