New Bensonite saddles on my Nocaster

graybeard65

Tele-Meister
I recently saw a guitar for sale here that had Bensonite saddles (might have been one @Pierce was selling) and I wanted to know more. I ordered a set and they were added as part of a full fret dress and set up.

Tonally the guitar is snappy and bright - it’s got plenty of the character that I love in a telecaster - and the new saddles seem to enhance that overall tone.

What I like best about them is comfort. No more sharp posts sticking up, no more adjustment screws sticking out and digging into my palm - just smooth and comfortable.

They weren’t expensive, and for me, they’re a huge improvement in feel, and sound wonderful. So far, they’re my favorite telecaster saddles ever.

Attachments

• AE1A36BC-EB41-437B-8D59-6F060F1C4F54.jpeg
    AE1A36BC-EB41-437B-8D59-6F060F1C4F54.jpeg
    114.8 KB · Views: 231
  • D57C159D-07AA-4AD4-AF70-BA9BBF161F37.jpeg
    D57C159D-07AA-4AD4-AF70-BA9BBF161F37.jpeg
    139.6 KB · Views: 225

ElvisNixon

Tele-Meister
Glad to pass along a positive experience!
I ordered a few aged sets with a couple mixes of brass and stainless and brass and aluminum. I got an immediate reply to my a question with pics about aging stainless. He can age and darken the stainless and/or tumble them to knock the shine off.

I ordered 4 sets of the saddles to give them a shot. Like many of you, I’ve had several Teles and Esquires follow me home over the years..:)

So far, very excellent service and he seems to be willing and able to get the finish to match everything from a brand new shiny look, or tumbled to knock the shine down all the way to full relic.

I’m excited to play them! Thanks again for the heads up on them and I’ll follow up with a review and pics once I get them.

ElvisNixon

Tele-Meister
I’m hoping they will feel like resting the edge of my hand on a wrap tailpiece like on my ‘59 Les Paul Junior and Collings DCs

I’m playing more and more rockabilly these days which has me anchoring my right hand on the saddles. I recently got a True-Arc intonated bar bridge on my ‘55 Gretsch Duo Jet which had the most uncomfortable on the hand bridge ever; the Melita. I love the way it feels and sounds so I have high hopes for the Bensonites.

Kmaxbrady

Tele-Holic
I recently saw a guitar for sale here that had Bensonite saddles (might have been one @Pierce was selling) and I wanted to know more. I ordered a set and they were added as part of a full fret dress and set up.

Tonally the guitar is snappy and bright - it’s got plenty of the character that I love in a telecaster - and the new saddles seem to enhance that overall tone.

What I like best about them is comfort. No more sharp posts sticking up, no more adjustment screws sticking out and digging into my palm - just smooth and comfortable.

They weren’t expensive, and for me, they’re a huge improvement in feel, and sound wonderful. So far, they’re my favorite telecaster saddles ever.
Guitar looks awesome! Thanks for the great review