New band saw day. Problems already ☹️

Discussion in 'The DIY Tool Shed' started by Telecastermusic, Mar 1, 2018.

1. R. Stratenstein

R. Stratenstein Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

But definitely do try the setup for resawing shown in that video Dave posted.
    Like night and day.

Also, definitely get a blade that is intended as a resaw blade. Again, night and day. I use and love the Woodslicer Resaw blade from Highland Woodworking here in Atlanta, but I don’t know if they ship to the UK—but I think Timberwolf is Swedish, so probably easier to get in the UK, and also gets very high marks. Typically, a resaw blade should have a low tooth per inch count and big gullets to carry the sawdust out of the kerf as quickly as possible, because excess sawdust in the kerf is a major cause of wandering.

2. SacDAve

SacDAve Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

I have the 14" delta 1hp i use a 3/4 blade for resawing. The one thing I learned is learn how to set the saw up, set the guides properly. then blade tension not sure if theres a correct answer seems to be different opinions and methods. Resawing seems to take awhile to learn and every now and then there's a complete failure. I found slow and easy works best and a sharp blade. Myself I'm considering stepping up to roller guides and a carbide blade. I really wish I had got the 2hp motor when I bought mine. I always seem to find what method works for me I built some fancy jig for resewing it was more trouble than it was worth now I just clamp a simple fence to the table draw a guid line down the board and follow that. Keep in mind the bandsaw is not going the act like a table saw the blade pulls to one side you have to angle the work piece when you feed it in and have to adjust the angle as you cut.

Telecastermusic likes this.
  3. PapaWheelie

PapaWheelie Tele-Meister

That saw certainly looks like my Rikon saw - even the same color and fence but a different base. I'd bet the same with a different badge. When I set up mine I followed all the setup procedures outlined in the manual provided. Don't know what came with your Record but you may want to look up the manual for the Rikon 10-324 or 10-325. They changed the color and fence a few years back but everything else looks the same. Once set up correctly I've been very pleased with it.
    I agree with eallen, the Timberwolf blade is the way to go.

Telecastermusic and eallen like this.
  4. Telecastermusic

Telecastermusic Tele-Meister

New 3/4 3tpi blade arrived today. Installed and guides adjusted. Cutting like a hot knife through butter and dead straight!!!!!!
    Machine running smoothly and reasonably quietly. Happy chap!!!

Tezuka27 and eallen like this.
  5. Telecastermusic

Thank you to everyone for your comments and suggestions.

6. Davecam48

Davecam48 Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Glad you got it sorted TCM!

DC

7. Telecastermusic

Thanks DC

8. R. Stratenstein

R. Stratenstein Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

That's great! Thanks for the follow up on the problem.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.