new amps at namm- katana artist mk2/ fender gtx model amps./vox valvenergy

Discussion in 'Modeling Amps, Plugins and Apps' started by jageya, Jan 15, 2020.

1. jageya

jageya Tele-Meister

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "The new Mustang GTX series represents everything that Mustang GT promised – great tone, presets, Wifi, Bluetooth, and a looper – while also offering stage-ready cosmetics, improved Celestion speakers and great-sounding cabinets."

So, the only things that're new are the speakers and cabinets (as well as the box everything resides in)? Sounds like the fundamentals (e.g., tone, presets, Wifi, Bluetooth, looper) are what the Mustang GT promised (as in, already delivers), while what is offered additionally are new cosmetics, speakers, and cabinets. My question is does it still have the wifi sound (as in, sounds like a recorded guitar amp than an amp in the room)? That's why I unloaded mine.
    yea ok fender- you say this about every new modeler thing you release. So by thier statement above they failed on the mustang gt huh? Talk about lame advertising- bound to make the buyers of the mustang gt feel like crap!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.guitarworld.com/news/na...trong-nutube-equipped-valvenergy-pedal-series

The-Kid likes this.
  2. Bill

Bill Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

I’ve noticed with each new release the marketing has an implication of, “Here’s the good stuff. Aren’t you glad you didn’t buy that junk we were peddling to the suckers last year?”

The-Kid likes this.
  3. jageya

jageya Tele-Meister

exactly. its rather pathetic and lame to me.I mean we all know they never release the best they can do: i mean its planned obsolesence so they are already planning for the next incarnation as they release the latest and greatest. I am tired of it and refuse to play the hype game and give them money.

4. Dacious

Dacious Poster Extraordinaire

Seems the major innovations are new vacuum-tube-sounding names.

5. Thin white duke

Thin white duke Tele-Afflicted

I think that a solid state amp without any effect integrated is still the best solution, using external effects is much easier and the quality and the versatility is better.....

6. fender4life

fender4life Friend of Leo's

I see nothing abut a new GTX, even tried googling that exact sentence which only brought up this thread. Where'd u see that?
    By the way, manufacturers that say things like that doesn't bother me. It goes in one ear and out the other. I look for 2 things.... non subjective facts such as "has an effects loop" etc, and how i think it sounds when i try it. I have no interest in what the manufacturer says because at my age it's been decades since i learned what BS is and never to take anything seriously that comes from someone who wants your money. Use your own ears and the facts, let everything else pass thru from one ear and out the other with zero consideration.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
  7. Nolefinity

Nolefinity Tele-Meister

8. Frodebro

Frodebro Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

That depends on a number of factors. If the unit has really good effects, being able to reconfigure everything with one step on a foot switch is about as easy as it gets.

9. fender4life

By
    Ahhh, thanks. So according to this it's NOT just speaker and cosmetics because they say 7 button footswitching which means there are likely quite a few major changes. New models effects and settings is good to hear too. When the added new models in the last GT update that improved the amp 100% for me tonally because my 2 fav models are 2 of those new ones they added and to me they are far better then what i felt was the best model previously. So hearing that is even more promising. I have the old GT and i love the thing but for 2 things, a defect that I and some other experience with dropouts, and effects switching limitations. So if this think looks more like a real amp which no doubt it will. and that issue is fixed and the switching allows me to do what i need which the current idiotic effects routing does not, I'm in i think. Fender took a lambasting to end all beatings with the GT due to uncountable issues all but a few that were fixed with updates. So i have no doubt they are going to be uber careful this time out. Anything else would be death of the mustang and they know it.

This one is apparently a much improved GT but basically a GT and not a whole new model. But i love mine and with what they have added sounds promising. But again, that remains to be seen. If it pans out tho i'm in. Probably hold off a while tho to see if it has issues like the GT did.

10. jageya

jageya Tele-Meister

After what fender wrote the "old" gt amps in my mind devalue a ton.

11. Thin white duke

Thin white duke Tele-Afflicted

I don't know, you can do that with a multieffect or a looper too but if you want to change something on the fly having all the effects on the amp it's going to be hard.
    I guess it all depends on how you use the effects, for just a minimal use it can be ok....

12. jageya

jageya Tele-Meister

Mustang GTX is a better, bolder guitar amp with an unprecedented feature set and unbeatable performance. A wide selection of accurate and versatile amp models, dozens of effects and 200 onboard presets give you the guitar tones you need for almost any type of music. Modular signal path flexibility lets you move effects anywhere in the chain, while the crisp full-color display lets you know what’s going on under the hood. Connect with Bluetooth to experience the all-new Fender TONE 3.0 (for iOS and Android), a free app that offers realistic look and feel while you spin the knobs of the most famous amps and effects of all time. You can do deep editing, preset browsing from the Fender Tone community, preset back-up and restore, and more. Bluetooth audio streaming is also included for playing along with your favorite tracks. The amp’s WiFi capabilities (a Fender exclusive) let you connect for product updates, so your amp keeps getting better.

Mustang GTX 100 offers incredible bang for the buck. The all-new cabinet design is more gig-ready and durable; a new 12-inch Celestion speaker produces strong, powerful response; and the improved amp, speaker and cabinet models ensure that Mustang GTX sounds better than anything else in its class. Stereo XLR line outputs and stereo effects loop let you interface with PA, recording and outboard gear. GTX100 also features a seven-button footswitch with individual bank up and down functions and easy effects selection, making GTX a true live performance amp. It also unlocks the amp’s included 60-second looper.

FEATURES
    • New models include: Fender classics like the Blues Jr and Vibro King, as well as other amplifers including JC Clean and Silver Jubilee
    • New effects include: Models of classic Overdrive, Fuzz, Delay and Pitch Shift effects
    • Newly-designed stage-ready cabinet and cosmetics
    • New specially-designed 12-inch Celestion® speaker
    • 200 onboard user presets that can be modified for any style of music
    • All-new Fender TONE 3.0 for iOS and Android for deep editing, preset browsing from the Fender Tone community, preset back-up and restore, and more
    • Upgraded seven-button footswitch (included) features individual bank up and down functions and easy effects selection, as well as a tap tempo and 60-second looper

13. jageya

jageya Tele-Meister

not too impressed. They really knocked it out of the park with the tonemaster amps though. I was hoping they would up their game with a new model amp to match the tonemasters more but they opted for the cheap route $499 for gtx100 and footswitch included. I am sure it will have some good tones in it but i wish they made a higher end model and put some of the tm processing power in a new amp.

14. fender4life

You're jumping the gun here. What u r wishing for may well be there but no one can know till it arrives. I was going to wait till the reviews come in too, but then i thought why....GC, 45 day trial. Gonna be there the day it arrives just like i did with the GT. If i don't think it's worth it i'm not out a cent. I do think it will be good tho, as fender has learned a lot about what to do and what NOT to do with the GT. All i really need to stay with it at a minimum is a bug free version of the GT with better switching and the better cosmetics. But i'm hoping for a lot more. The new cabs sound interesting because i always thought better cab sims would be a big improvement and apparently so did fender. I hate them for what they did to the GT but i think they'd have to be unbelievably foolish to not have learned a lot from that.

EDIT: speaker is the same i think because the model (as far as my old eyes can tell) is the same aside from the "100" at the end signifying the power handling. That's not a good thing, especially when they call it a new speaker. Still could be i suppose but this seems very unlikely given the model name and look are the same.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020 at 1:00 PM
  15. jageya

jageya Tele-Meister

i agree....i try to play anything i want 1st at gc in a private room and if it wows me enough take it home for 2 weeks.

16. The-Kid

The-Kid Tele-Meister

For reals.

Like whats up with that update the old ones with firmware.

Every two years.....new mustangs....I get tech doubles every year or whatever....but damn....My friends Mustan GT is still dope.

So is everyone elses Katana.

Bill likes this.
  17. jageya

jageya Tele-Meister

When you play their game a while as a buyer one day you wake up and say no more- no more chasing new gear. What i have now sounds good so it is good. Some guys have to have the latest stuff and buy them all and i used to be like that a long time ago untill i woke up to their ways and now just laugh when i hear the same adverising over and over: yea i may be jaded but the whole planned obsolecense thing is real.

The-Kid likes this.
  18. jageya

jageya Tele-Meister

I'm hoping that with Fender getting their modeling mojo back with the Tone Master series, some of that magic will sprinkle on to these GTX amps and they won't just be a rehash in a different outfit.
    This is my take one it....the GTX is basically the GT in a different cab, all new switching, and a bunch of new models of amps, cabs and effects. From fender with new in bold...

New models include: Fender classics like the Blues Jr and Vibro King, as well as other amplifers including JC Clean and Silver Jubilee • New effects include: Models of classic Overdrive, Fuzz, Delay and Pitch Shift effects
    • Newly-designed stage-ready cabinet and cosmetics

• New specially-designed 12-inch Celestion® speaker
    • 200 onboard user presets that can be modified for any style of music
    All-new Fender TONE 3.0 for iOS and Android for deep editing, preset browsing from the Fender Tone community, preset back-up and restore, and more
    • Upgraded seven-button footswitch (included) features individual bank up and down functions and easy effects selection, as well as a tap tempo
    and 60-second looper

Speaker appears to be the same one given the model designation aside from "100" at the end citing the wattage, so calling it "new" may be BS. The new models in the GT's final update were a big tonal improvement so hopefully that will be the case here. Interested to hear the vibro king and jubilee.
    On a side note, i doubt the quality of tone will be on the same level as the tonemaster series because those have almost no effects and all that to waste processing power on. It's almost all used to make great tone and dynamics.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.