1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

New Amp Thread.

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by Red Planet, May 19, 2007.

1. Red Planet

Red Planet Tele-Meister

I've been thinking of getting another Amp and was leaning to the Fender Side of things. I got the Marshall thang covered.

So I was looking at a 67 Super that has been put into a head cab by someone. Its been checked over and has new caps all else is origional. I was thinking of buying it and putting it into a 1x12 Custom Cab with a 1x12 Extension Cab to go with it. I was thinking of getting the Cab Blonde with Oxblood Grill and making the knobs match.

If I got it with 8 ohm Speakers I think that would be safe running it on 4 ohms when the Tranny wants to see 2 ohms.

Anyones thoughts on this?

Any Pros or Cons to doing this?

2. Tim Swartz

Tim Swartz Friend of Leo's

I'd swap the OT for a top shelf (MM, Heyboer, Hammond, Fender) multi-tap (4/8/16).

3. Red Planet

Red Planet Tele-Meister

Yes the thought did occur to me but I'm reluctent about changing it out on a 67 Amp even though its not in its origional cab. I guess a MM tranny isnt gonna devalue it really and one could allways put the stock tranny back in.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.