1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

New amp ! (Sorta)

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by RB522, Nov 26, 2020.

1. RB522

RB522 Tele-Meister

I've been looking for a grab and go jam amp for a while now. I had an old bass amp I was selling to help cover the cost. I was in a local music store about to make a deal for a Katana when I found it. Even trade, no cash out of pocket, I am now the owner of a silver stripe Peavey Studio Pro 112. I love it ! Trying it next to the Katana, it sounded just as good and even LOUDER. I'm pretty geeked over the find. It's doing everything I need it to do and doing it better than I was hoping for, and no cash out of pocket. Yay me !

2. paulblackford

paulblackford Tele-Holic

I heard those were sleepers. When times get better, I'll be looking for a Peavey Special 130.

RB522 likes this.
  3. Les H

Les H Tele-Holic

I never had a Studio Pro but I had Envoy 110.

I've told this story before but I went to the music store specifically to buy a Fender Blues Jr. I played it, liked it and was headed to the counter with it when the salesman asked if I've tried any of the new PV red stripe Transtube amps. I said "not the red stripes". He set me up with the Envoy and I A/B'd the 2 and left with the Envoy plus about $100 in savings.

I used to have to spend a week out of town a few times a year for trainings and I'd take that amp with me to play in my motel room. I recorded quite a bit at home with it also. The clean channel broke up nicely at higher volumes, it just sounded great.

One day an old guitar student of mine who had had some issues with drugs moved back to town and was staying with his mom trying to "clean up". He reached out to me about borrowing an amp. He thought getting back into playing would help him occupy the time the drugs had previously been occupying. I loaned him the Envoy.... Less than a week into it he skipped town. His mom said he took the amp most likely to trade for drugs because he was broke. She offered to pay me something for it, I declined. I said "let me chew his @ss when he comes back". It's been 12 years now and he's never been back. Not even sure he's still alive.

4. elihu

elihu Poster Extraordinaire

You did the right thing.

RB522 and That Cal Webway like this.
  5. StuartJames

StuartJames TDPRI Member

68DD0B0E-08B9-4B86-A5E4-CF243030C616.jpeg The old peaveys are fantastic. I’ve had my bandit for 27 + years, it’s still going strong and gets a bit of use. Just got my son a Rage and was pleasantly surprised by how great it sounds

RB522 likes this.
  6. tah1962

tah1962 Friend of Leo's

Nice score. Congratulations.

RB522 likes this.
  7. Eastbound71

Eastbound71 TDPRI Member

I play a Studio Pro 112. Plenty loud enough, not too heavy and takes pedals well.

RB522 likes this.
  8. archiemax

archiemax Tele-Meister

I still own a Special 130 that I bought from Scott Henderson for $140 back around 1987.

Les H, RB522 and paulblackford like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.