1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

New Amenrican Vinatge series

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Manolian, Sep 20, 2012.

1. Manolian

Manolian Tele-Meister

2. Telemarkman

Telemarkman Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

While I absolutely agree with you, there are quite many threads on the new series already - some quite interesting.

I advice you to do a search - you won't be disappointed.:cool:

3. Twang Tone

Twang Tone Friend of Leo's

+1. Agreed.

I believe that's what they call "coming LATE to the party"?! :oops:

Thanks,

4. Telemarkman

Telemarkman Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Better late than never, I guess. ;)

5. Spaceboy

Spaceboy Tele-Afflicted

What is "New Fender Flash Coat Lacquer" exactly? I've seen this on the website before...

6. dannyh

dannyh Tele-Afflicted

Good luck with that ?...nobody really knows, yet everybody has an opinion on it... ;-)

7. musicalmartin

musicalmartin Poster Extraordinaire

I always called a flash coat a quick spray with clear thinners to gloss up and smooth a nitro top coat .It often saves even rubbing down and even polishing if its done right.In fact when every one mentioned about wet sanding a nitro coat I wondered why .I was using it on small models and motorcycle parts though.Maybe I'm wrong on the name .

8. Spaceboy

Spaceboy Tele-Afflicted

if it was any kind of nitro i would think fender would say NITRO somewhere in the specs since they know its appealing to the market.

9. Ronkirn

Ronkirn Doctor of Teleocity

I suspect that’s a troll post. so lets see if we can nip it in the bud....

"New Fender Flash Coat Lacquer" ... I have mixed emotions about those 5 little words.... it gets my nomination as the most bone-headed thing the Marketing department has come up with in recent history...

Mixed emotions, ‘cause paint doesn't mean jack.... and it really isn’t worthy of further debate.... and . . . what dolt thought up the 5 words, and what bigger dolt said, “Yeah, I like that, let’s use that.”? Probably the same guy that used to work for the Pontiac Division of GM that said, “Yeah, that Aztec looks great, let’s do it.”

Mike posted last week that it is a description of Fender’s method of applying multiple thin layers of nitrocellulose lacquer.... nothing wrong with that.... kudos for using nitro. But why in hell didn’t they say that from the get-go...?

Mixed Emotions.... Man!, if I was wearing the Armani, Rolex, and Allen Edmonds in Scottsdale, I’d head on down to the marketing department, open the door and say, “Y’all.... git out... NOW!. . go-on .... shooo . . . scat.... move it . . . now.,.,..” then I’d call the Advertising Agency they are currently using and ask ‘em how does it feel to be the agency that USED to handle the account.... hopefully, FMIC would be less than 50% of their annual billing....

reason. . those 5 little words are a targeted “hook” phrase.... who is it targeted to? Those that feel paint has some bearing on the quality of a guitar.... no problem, except that no one on the whole dammmm planet that is thinking about the paint on their guitar is interested in ANY other finish other than Nitrocellulose lacquer.... with the rare exception of someone looking for a more durable paint, then it’s Polyurethane..

Those two are the only finishes that are considered to have any meritorious attributes relative to guitar manufacture. Any other finish is used only to expedite the manufacturing... or reduce cost of production ...and anyone thinking of paint, knows it... with the exceptions of the very rare French Polishes and exotic varnishes, virtually never used in production manufacture.

SooooOOOooooo Since Flash Coat Lacquer is nitro, and Nitro is THE ONE word that “clicks” with the target of that advertising phrase, why in hell would any marketing dolt NOT say it was Nitrocellulose Lacquer.... to me, it suggests that whoever made the decision hasn't done their homework (market research) to see what the market wants to hear. I mean, would ya like to read it has "Flash Coat Lacquer", or t is finished in "Genuine Nitrocellulose Lacquer" Tough decision, huh?

Ain’t any wonder why they’re “down” ‘bout 250 Million... Scottsdale needs to cut Corona loose.. two totally different mentalities…

They're fired....!

10. xtrajerry

xtrajerry Doctor of Teleocity

Lol "Flash Coat Lacquer" my very first thought was WTF?

11. Spaceboy

Spaceboy Tele-Afflicted

Thanks for the info, Ron, but I certainly wasn't trolling... it's not clear what the finish is on the Fender page so I'm naturally curious.

12. BigD

BigD Friend of Leo's

I think it's more than a catch phrase, which it is. I think it's a trademark on the type of paint system they have . A way of apllying nitro on the assembly line. Like in metal product productions "E-Coat" but with wood. Instead of electroplating thin coats of paint to a tool box or whatnot some other method of "flash' coating the thin layer of paint quickly and effectively to the wood with assembly of the product only moments later. They aint out in the shop buildin' 'em one at a time or so.

I guess I fell for their marketing ploy. I am a fool for the nitro.

13. jonhart

jonhart Tele-Meister

I was trying to avoid looking at these new AVRI models simply because of the GAS. I made a bad move clicking on that link. I think I'm in love with that 56' Strat. I'm in the market for a Strat too, so maybe I'll just save up for it. It's absolutely beautiful. Those Teles are nice too, but I can't buy another one. I realy need to get a Strat. I've been missing the "quack" since I sold my MIM Standard. GAS is a real pain sometimes, but I might have to buy it.

14. Manolian

Manolian Tele-Meister

You have nothing else better to do than critisize, fellow forum members? I was just posting an opinion, WTF do I care about other posts or threads.:twisted:

15. jipp

jipp Friend of Leo's

but nitro laqure aint even true nitro is it, so marketing at it again yeah? personally paint/ clear coat as long as its not to thick should be fine. of course that aint gonna sell.
    and what happens when that nitro is gone, deteriorated from the 60 instrument. will the value go down if a new coat is sprayed on to protect the wood. collectors are a odd bunch.
    marketers do surveys for a reason.
    then do not listen to them. laughs.
    chris.

16. Twang Tone

Twang Tone Friend of Leo's

Bless your Joy Filled Heart!! :lol:

Thanks,

17. IPLAYLOUD

IPLAYLOUD Friend of Leo's

Base Coat is Poly.
    Saves time.

18. 73Fender

73Fender Friend of Leo's

How about some "non make your neck sticky lacquer"? It is manageable with some TLC but Fender seems to have (at least with previous production) a problem with sticky necks when they do laquer. My other laquer finished necks, including one from Ron, don't seem to have the problem.

Re the new reissues, anyone yet compare the neck size of the 64 vs the old 62RI? Fender calls it "thinner". I find that hard to believe.

19. Steveareno

Steveareno Tele-Afflicted

Ain’t any wonder why they’re “down” ‘bout 250 Million... Scottsdale needs to cut Corona loose.. two totally different mentalities…

They're fired....![/QUOTE]

Do they actually make guitars in Scottsdale, or is it just a distribution center? :?:
    Swang on,

20. JohnK24

JohnK24 Friend of Leo's

Sorry, I looked up Amenrican Vinatge Series on the Fender website and found nothing.;)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.