New (2016) Deluxe Nashville Tele

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by PixMix, Jul 16, 2016.

1. Owenmoney

Owenmoney Tele-Afflicted

Can anybody demo a guitar without trying to impress everyone with their chops ? I just want to hear an accurate demo of the guitar

mimmo likes this.
  2. Jon C

Jon C Tele-Meister

I agree that heavy weight and sharp neck edges are two downsides.

The latter was solved with light fine sanding to round over the edge, no damage to finish, etc., just a much more comfy feel.

The jury is out on the weight. But it's a utility spot guitar so it doesn't necessarily have to be as good as the frontline ones (my G&L Z-3 ASAT is the first chair Swiss Army Knife guit, 7 way switching there).

The Nashville Deluxe plays well, sounds good, neck feels OK to me though not my usual profile (this is a little thinner). Well set up it seems like a very good value (good, period).

3. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

I had played one.

But most guys here have enough experience with "the wrong" tuning machines and the wrong type of pickups and the wrong solution to the bridge problem and know fully well that fretboards need to be wider, not more narrow. They don't have to be clairvoyant to know they don't like the changes.

With all due respect, you seem like the guy who just bristles when people just don't agree with you.

4. esetter

esetter Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Well if you played one, that statement doesn't apply to you eh? *bristle bristle* :D;)

5. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

You just posted something, without reading the others' posts. Shame on you.

6. teletimetx

teletimetx Doctor of Teleocity

I got one on sale, sometime in 2011; it was a 2010 version, I believe. It lasted about 2 years with me. Nothing in particular that I didn't like, it just didn't inspire me in any way. I used it at a weekly gig.

EDIT NOTE: checking back on that guitar, I actually had it for almost 4 years, so I played it plenty.

The strat pickup in the middle was an interesting configuration; an interesting concept that I felt was worth looking into. I still think that, but just not for me - someone else needs to take that and run with it.

Here's a photo from my crappy cell phone at the time:

new tele photo the orig NASH de CAR.jpg

Fendereedo and boris bubbanov like this.
  7. PhatBoy

PhatBoy Tele-Afflicted

Let's put some real numbers with these comments

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.