"Never mind how I played..."

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Thoughtfree, May 16, 2020.

1. 61fury

61fury Friend of Leo's

Flannel shirts predate rock. The Beach Boys wore flannel. It was big in the 70's, flannels over Zeppelin T shirts were the uniform of the day. Flannel in rock existed long before the Grunge era and apparently has outlasted rock music. Flannel rocks.

2. RodeoTex

RodeoTex Doctor of Teleocity

I think the advent of MTV taught a lot of people how to listen with their eyes.

3. DavidP

DavidP Friend of Leo's

I think John Fogerty has been wearing the same flannel shirt for the past 50 years!! I guess its a brand for him...

4. DekeDog

DekeDog Tele-Holic

I think your stage clothes should be a reflection of your music. But, I also get that for an outdoor gig on a very hot day, you gotta dress cool.

5. Steve 78

Steve 78 Friend of Leo's

I'd never thought of flip flops, cargo shorts t-shirts and fedoras as a 90s grunge look. The grunge thing, to start with at least, was just wearing normal street clothes (jeans, ripped or otherwise, t-shirts or flannel, runners) to play gigs (as opposed to something like glam metal) so it was a lack of pretentiousness. Of course, then grunge became big and it became 'a look' and then it was pretentious again.

2HBStrat likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.