Never Like The Little LED Light on the Blues Junior

Discussion in 'Glowing Bottle Tube Amp Forum' started by Bones, May 28, 2018.

1. Bones

Bones Telefied Ad Free Member

Problem solved.

The mods for this on Bill M's site were somewhat complicated and called for permanent alterations to the chassis as you either had to drill and thread a large hole for the jewel or drill and secure the jewel with a nut. If you wanted to use other than a red jewel, you would have to remove the red LED and replace with a white one.

20180528_105723_resized.jpg

I'm fine with the red jewel, so that only leaves one problem to solve.
    I did it by cutting the threads of the jewel, , grinding it flat on the bottom and then CA gluing it over the red LED

20180528_105922_resized.jpg
    20180528_105959_resized.jpg 20180528_110020_resized.jpg 20180528_110201_resized.jpg

Achieved the look I wanted and can probably be reversed, but it's on there good, this is one I did today, but I did another one a year ago and it's still on there good and solid. Not sure it would be good for a traveling player, but for a home player that wants that look with minimal effort, it works for me.

2. Boubou

Boubou Doctor of Teleocity Gold Supporter

So now you have a reds junior

Dan German and WineCaster like this.
  3. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Poster Extraordinaire

Nice improvement. I also think that little flat red light looks out of place especially on the tweed versions.

Bones likes this.
  4. Bones

Thanks, it's a silly mod but to my eyes, it looks a million times better. I see that Fender now uses a full size jewel on the standard Blues Junior, but the tweed ones still come with the flat LED for some reason. It just looks so wrong with the classic tweed and chrome.

Chunkocaster likes this.
  5. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Poster Extraordinaire

I just sold one of my tweed versions yesterday and it got me in the mood to do a few small mods to the one I have left and start using it again. I think i'll copy your light mod and look into the basic mod that's supposed to remove some of the boxy sound. What speaker did your cream one come with? Are you happy with the sound your getting out of it?

Last edited: Sep 29, 2018
  6. Faaugusto

Faaugusto NEW MEMBER!

That is awesome!! I will do the same, how did you cut the threads? Which tool did you use for it?
    Greag job!!

7. Syrinx

Syrinx Tele-Meister

Get a blue jewel for a purple light

8. Bones

Used a cut-off wheel on a dremel. I suppose you could use a belt sander in a pinch, it's very soft metal.

9. Dan German

Dan German Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Not owning one, I never noticed that anomalous LED. Now it's all I will see if I spot a Blues Jr. Why on earth would they do that? They went to the trouble of chicken head knobs, then just tossed that little afterthought on?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.