Never doing business with Sweetwater again

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by beyer160, Sep 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. schmee

schmee Poster Extraordinaire

"I dont buy anything from XXXXX...."
    "I'm never doing business with them again...."

2. popthree

popthree Poster Extraordinaire

as long as they continue to call me during normal business hours i'm ok with it. i never answer and the guy leaves a message. no biggie. i like buying stuff from them.

howardlo and hdvades like this.
  3. D_Malone

D_Malone Tele-Meister

I love their personalized service, and they’ve never become a bother. I suppose it does depend on the sales engineer you end up with.

FloInPA, Anacharsis and howardlo like this.
  4. bftfender

bftfender Friend of Leo's

got this on a Sunday from them... EZ D (2).jpg

Obsessed and drf64 like this.
  5. bluzkat

bluzkat Tele-Holic

If that Caller ID just said, "Ft. Wayne" I suspect it wasn't Sweetwater but a robocall or sales call of some type. Any call I have ever gotten from them always says "Sweetwater" in the Caller ID.

[​IMG]

6. hdvades

hdvades Tele-Holic

Maybe the OP was having a bad day. I get a call from my sales engineer maybe once or twice a year. I don't mind, sometimes I pick up to say hello, maybe get a thing or two but usually not, or let it go to voicemail. No biggie.

howardlo and Flat6Driver like this.
  7. LGOberean

LGOberean Doctor of Teleocity

My Sweetwater "sales engineer" has also called me, "cold calls," as you put it. But I don't mind a bit. It's just not that intrusive into my day, so I don't see it as something to be upset about, for several reasons.

1. It is someone that I want to have contact with, and in fact I've saved his contact information, including extension number, in my cell phone. I've bought a couple of guitars, a couple of amps and accessory items from Sweetwater over the years (a decade or so), and always from this same sales engineer. So I don't perceive his calls the way I do a true spammer's (i.e., someone warning me about my rewards/bonus points/whatever expiring at bank I've never had an account with, trying to sell the latest greatest CBD product, etc.).

2. Even for an old curmudgeon like me, it's pretty easy to let a cold call go to voicemail. I might get a bit frustrated with a cold call that's from a true spammer, but I basically let every call that comes through go to voicemail, unless I'm actually expecting a call and/or I already have the caller's name and number in my caller ID.

3. Sweetwater guy cold calls me once a year, maybe twice, tops. Life's too short to get upset over something like this. The guy's gotta make a living, and him calling me because I've already been a repeat customer is just logical. I don't begrudge him that.

All that said, I did take note of you're saying you've asked to be removed from their call list. I don't relate to your asking them to do that in the first place, but they should respect your wishes. And I don't deal with stressful work situations via text or what have you, so there's that, too.

FloInPA, Flat6Driver and drf64 like this.
  8. drf64

drf64 Poster Extraordinaire

One could hide a lot of candy in that kit.

bftfender likes this.
  9. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Have you been to Fort Wayne ?

He was probably just taking any opportunity to talk to the outside world...

Bruxist, Obsessed and Flat6Driver like this.
  10. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Poster Extraordinaire

Some of you guys are missing the point.....or the BIG PICTURE. If you want annoying (or even welcome) random solicitation calls, then you should be able to OPT IN for as many a day as you want. But for those of us who DON'T want any calls, we shouldn't have to OPT OUT. I'm on the state (Texas) and Federal DO NOT CALL lists.....and I still get six to twelve calls PER DAY. If you want to sell me something, send it through US Mail. Otherwise, go annoy someone else!!!!!!!!!

Chunkocaster likes this.
  11. bftfender

man..i missed the candy on this one !! the Bit o Honey always takes me back to my childhood !

12. scelestus

scelestus Tele-Meister

They always show up as a Tesla charging station on my caller ID.

13. bumnote

bumnote Tele-Meister

They call me too if I order something from them about once every 2 to 3 months for about a year afterwards.
    Honestly...it's ####ing annoying because it's ALWAYS when I'm at work.
    It's also stopped me from ordering from them every once in awhile because of it...and yes I've told them to stop.
    A much more effective way...send an email answer the survey and get a 5-10% off coupon on certain item if you order in 48 hours. Otherwise it's just an annoyance.

14. NewKid

NewKid Tele-Holic

I like my Sweetwater Sales Engineer. His name is Ben Robinson and he is cool. I’ve learned to call him first if I’m interested in something and he emails a quote with a nice discount for me. He has only called me once after my first Sweetwater purchase: a Classic Player Jazzmaster with the darkest Pau Ferro fretboard I ever saw. It was a nice surprise when he called and he was very polite.

I love that Sweetwater posts several guitars of the same model you can choose from with their respective weights for comparison. No other online store does this.

If I get a call and I’m busy I don’t take it. Life is good.

15. esetter

esetter Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

A little too much caffeine this morning? ;)

Flat6Driver likes this.
  16. Shuster

Shuster Poster Extraordinaire

Next time they call, ask the person what they're wearing and tell them you'll be in Ft. Wayne later this week:)

L.A. Mike likes this.
  17. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Ad Free Member

My wife, the bass player buys more stuff from SW than I do, so when the sales engineer calls, it is usually for her.o_O

To @beyer160 , it does sound kinda like a first world rantless rant. I got that way just before I was diagnosed with high blood pressure. Might want to check on that.

NewKid and bftfender like this.
  18. bftfender

my new stress reliever..chop more wood...been working

Obsessed likes this.
  19. bsman

bsman Tele-Afflicted

Haven't heard from my SW sales engineer lately, but weirdly, I got a call from Sam Ash today!

20. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.